- Chapter 77

A cool breeze was blowing.

After Hoshi had calmed down, Seiji attentively listened to his story in silence.

...

The day of the incident with Hoshi's sisters.

Last Monday, exactly one week ago, Hoshi Amami had been contemplating things after he'd separated from Seigo Harano.

He was unable to make a decision between his sisters and his Senpai, whom he greatly admired.

Hoshi was unable to believe that his sisters had such wicked personalities as Seiji had stated. On the other hand, there was no way for him to ignore the stern warning his Senpai had just given him about them.

He was stuck with his frustrations even after school ended.

He stayed in the club rooms as late as possible until Hoshi was forced to go home.

When he returned home, Rion and Kotomi Amami acted like nothing had happened at all.

In front of their parents, the twin sisters acted just like they always did. They were laughing, teasing him, and speaking cutely.

Dinnertime with his family seemed warm and comforting on the surface.

But the more it seemed to appear this way, the more Hoshi felt it was abnormal.

His sisters had been looked down on to such a degree and insulted humiliatingly. Was it possible for them to act just like normal as if nothing had happened?

Impossible.

Hoshi's heart was telling him that.

However, he ignored it.

Perhaps his sisters were actually magnanimous? He wanted to believe that, just like how he wanted to believe that the warm dinner scene in front of him right now was real.

However...

"I have something to announce." His father spoke up. "My company is giving me a new project to work on. For the next few nights I'm going to work overtime at the company, and sleep there instead of returning home."

Overtime?

Hoshi had his doubts.

His father was indeed busy with work, but suddenly working overtime for several nights in a row...

Before he could ask, his mother spoke up as well.

"Actually, I have an announcement as well. There's something happening at Grandpa's place that I need to go over and take care of, so I need to leave home for a few days as well."

Mother was leaving as well!?

Hoshi was no longer doubtful; he was now shocked.

Why?

Was it all just a coincidence!?

His mind was thrown into chaos.

At this moment, he exchanged glances with his sisters sitting across from him.

Rion and Kotomi had light smiles on their faces.

Their seemingly innocuous smiles seemed to turn into masks that were concealing something icy cold underneath!

Hoshi Amami froze solid.

Although it was just for a short moment, and perhaps it was merely a hallucination caused by the lighting, the image he had just witnessed gave him a huge impact, and he etched the scene deep into his heart.