- Chapter 58

Between classes.

Seiji walked out of class together with Chiaki and Mika before finding a secluded spot for their discussion.

"Okay, what's up?" Seiji took a relaxed pose as he leaned against the wall.

Chiaki glanced at Mika first before turning to Seiji. She then clasped her hands together and bowed towards him.

"I'm begging you, Seigo—become my fake boyfriend!"

"What?" Seiji raised his eyebrows. "Become your fake boyfriend?"

What a classic situation!

This situation usually happened in stories when it was necessary to attend a party or some event with a date, or when refusing to find a marriage partner found by pushy parents, whereas the current situation was...

"Does this have to do with your ex-girlfriend?"

"That's right!" Chiaki grinned widely. "I want to make her jealous by taking a super-hot boyfriend along with me!"

Seiji was rendered speechless upon hearing her words.

'Ok, somebody explain to me—what's going on with this scenario!? Director, there's something wrong with the script again!'

"Can I interview you, as you're a les... er, bisexual girl? Just what exactly impels you to take a boyfriend and make her jealous!?"

Seiji could only comment forcefully on this situation without holding back at how strange it all seemed.

"I don't know either, but she said that she's bringing her boyfriend to our reunion, so I'm taking one with me as well." Chiaki's grin remained, but there was a steely glint in her eyes.

"So she did it first... Hey! Don't refer to boyfriends like they're items!"

"Is there much of a difference?"

"There's someone with a malfunctioning brain here!!"

After a period of awkward silence.

"Alright, I understand what's going on now." Seiji sighed in exasperation. "She invited you to a meeting, but she said that she's bringing along her boyfriend, and that you could also bring your boyfriend if you wanted... Something like that?"

"Yep."

Chiaki retracted her arms as she finally let the grin drop from her face, revealing a complex expression.

"I really do want to see her again, but her doing this... I don't care if it's real or if she has a fake boyfriend as well; either way, it's definitely upsetting. That's why I need a splendid boyfriend to act as my own shield and sword. Perhaps she didn't intend to hurt my feelings, but there's no doubt that it will definitely hurt me, so I'm going to hurt her back!"

Chiaki even repeated the word "hurt" three times in a single sentence. It was quite obvious to see how she viewed the invitation.

"Are you certain that she'll be upset at this like you are?"

"I don't know, but I'm going to do it regardless."

Chiaki's expression was now devoid of any traces of mirth; even the usual relaxed air about her had disappeared. She was being completely serious.

Such an expression made Seiji imagine Chiaki shouting, "Come at me!! Let's just hurt each other's feelings some more!!" in a fictitious scenario.

How messy.

Well, it was definitely a plan befitting of Chiaki's style.

'Going to a meeting by herself, trying to bear the pain in her heart while smiling, and greeting her ex-girlfriend who now has a new boyfriend... Such a garbage scenario wasn't suitable for her personality at all; she'd never be able to do that.'