- Chapter 60

The next few days passed by uneventfully.

The only thing that caught Seiji's attention was the fact that Hoshi Amami still hadn't appeared at work this Saturday.

Being somewhat worried, Seiji decided to ask the owner Rika Amami about the situation. All she knew was that Hoshi supposedly felt sick, so he hadn't shown up to work this week.

Was he actually sick with a cold, or was there something more to it?

'Perhaps... he's trying to avoid me...' Seiji had his suspicions.

'Well, forget about it. Since his aunt doesn't feel like there's anything wrong, then it's probably fine.'

Saturday night.

Seiji, Mika and Chiaki took a bus to the upper-class district Silver Valley to grind... oops, buy clothing.

Right across from the bus stop was the flourishing business district filled with bright, colorful lights sprinkled across all the store signs, illuminating the night sky. The surroundings were filled with a fashionable, luxurious air.

"Welcome to Silver Valley, the shopping and gaming heaven—if you have money, that is!" Chiaki grinned as she informed her friends.

The ex-NEET who's now working and the female high school student with no income of her own: "..."

"Do you come here often?" Seiji ended up sighing.

"I often took girls I was intimate with here during middle school, but I haven't been here since I started attending high school," Chiaki explained. "Now don't just stand there; let's get going!" She waved at them with a huge smile on her face.

'This really feels like a rich and experienced gamer taking two free-player newbies along to grind for experience,' Seiji thought to himself.

It was obvious that Mika was also out of her comfort zone here.

It was her first time here, mostly due to the costly nature of the products they stocked. No ordinary high school girl would be able to afford them, which why she'd never shopped here.

When Seiji noticed how nervous she was, he smiled at her, attempting to relieve the tension.

"You don't need to mind too much. Other than the fact that all the prices have one or two more zeros at the end, things aren't really that different here."

"That's a huge difference, okay!" Mika responded reflexively.

"Who cares? After all, we have a rich gamer... Cough cough, Chiaki's paying today, not you or me." Seiji shrugged nonchalantly.

"That's true, but your attitude..." Mika couldn't think of an appropriate adjective to describe Seiji with.

"Follow the rich girl and don't worry about anything! By the way, why is Chiaki so rich?" Seiji finally thought to ask that question.

"Her father's a famous artist that's really wealthy. But he's never home, so he gives Chiaki a lot of spending money as compensation," Mika explained.

Seiji nodded in response.

'I see. Mika didn't mention Chiaki's mother, so perhaps the Wakaba family is also a single-parent household... I wonder if Chiaki's mother got divorced or something else... For two beauties with such differing personalities to become friends requires some points in common.'

"What are you secretly chatting about? Come, we're gonna head over there to the Grand Spring department store!" Chiaki who had been walking ahead of them suddenly bounced back to Seiji and tugged his right arm.