- Chapter 29

he time period from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon on a Saturday morning was always a battle for the employees of the Divine Taste confectionery store.

There was normally an abundance of customers on the weekend, not to mention the fact that Store Manager Rika Amami always stocked new products each Saturday. Some older sweets on the verge of expiring would be temporarily discounted as well, so the store would always be packed with customers, unless some uncontrollable factors like bad weather intervened.

This Saturday morning was bright and sunny, and the air was crisp and cool. It was perfect weather for going out, so as expected, the store became a hellish battleground.

"Table 6's customer has been waiting for too long!"

"Are the sweets for table 8 not ready yet!?"

"Table 1 needs more napkins—hurry up and bring some more!"

"Table 10's customer has finished eating and left—go clean up the dishes!"

"Table 5's customer has knocked over a cup of juice—hurry up and wipe down the table!"

...

Hoshi Amami kept hearing incessant commands at a dizzying pace through his store's headset.

The store appeared orderly on the surface, and as customers queued up in a patient manner to be served, the servers were responsible for taking orders, bringing sweets to the tables, wiping tables down, and cleaning up the dishes. Meanwhile, the cashiers would politely smile and greet the customers warmly...

But only the store employees knew from the rapid-fire pace of commands given in their headsets that everyone's workload was at the limit!

Not only were the bakers preparing confectioneries nonstop, the servers were busy dealing with a whirlwind of tasks without the customers noticing. It was at the extent where, if anything happened, the entire store would be plunged into chaos.

Hoshi knew that as a newcomer it wasn't necessary for him to do an excellent job on the first day; as long as he didn't increase the burden on the other employees, it would be acceptable.

But even that was difficult!

He had never imagined that a server would have to pay attention to so many small details and situations, as he had zero work experience before.

For example, taking orders when dealing with customers of varying personalities required different attitudes, or else he risked unintentionally offending the customer. Also, some customers were hesitant and took too much time deciding what to order, while others spoke so fast that it was difficult for him to write down the order...

In summation, Hoshi felt like he was on thin ice as none of his seniors had any time to teach him.

Just what should he do? How should he do it?

When his aunt Rika Amami noticed his confusion, she only said one sentence to him.

"Pay attention to Harano-kun—just follow his lead."

"Harano-senpai..." Hoshi remembered this sentence and searched for his figure.

Seigo Harano had an overwhelming presence within the battlefield of the store.

"Here are the orders for tables 3 and 15."

"Here are the dishes I cleaned up from tables 10 and 12."

"Table 7's customer has enough store points with us to exchange for a complimentary item. Please prepare it at the front register."

"Here are the desserts for tables 8 and 9."