- Chapter 76

Load.

After carving that horrifying scene deep into his mind, Seiji instantly chose to load.

The world around him turned dark before lighting up again.

In this point in time, he was talking to Chiaki, and the three conversation options appeared in front of him again.

He didn't expect that he would have to make use of this save file so quickly.

Seiji forced himself to hide the grimness he felt from Chiaki, and answered exactly the same way as last time.

Then he returned to class just like last time.

Seiji instantly took out his cell phone and called Hoshi Amami.

This time, the call connected.

"Senpai..."

"Amami... no, Hoshi, I heard you caught a cold—how are you feeling?" Seiji asked in a calm voice, although he was clenching his fists.

There was a long period of silence.

"I... I'm fine, thanks for caring about me, Senpai." A soft voice finally responded.

'Caring about him...?' Seiji felt a twinge of guilt.

"You don't sound like you're doing fine."

"Senpai..."

"Did something happen after that incident with your sisters?"

Silence fell for several moments again.

"Nothing... Nothing happened."

'Nothing happened? Then why would you commit suicide!?' Seiji frowned deeply.

"Senpai... it's almost time for class to begin." Hoshi sounded like he wanted to hang up the call.

"Cut class."

"What?"

"I don't care what class you have next, skip it!" Seiji started walking out of his class as he said this.

"S... skip class?" Hoshi was clearly shocked.

"That's right. Afterwards, go to the roof of the middle school building and wait for me there."

All the school buildings in Genhana's middle and high school sections had roofs that were unlocked at all times, but they were fenced off with 10-meter-tall steel mesh wire fences. The only opening in the fences were the tiny holes between the links. So if Hoshi wanted to jump off from the building and commit suicide, the roof was actually the most difficult place to do it from!

"Wait for you? Senpai, what..."

"I'm coming over there right now!" Seiji said in a forceful tone. "Don't hang up; keep your cell phone on this call until I see you."

Hoshi Amami's body began trembling as he listened to the forceful voice coming from his cell phone.

Senpai... was about to come over and see him!?

'All Senpai did was ask me a few questions over the phone, and I said I was fine already, but he...'

Hoshi felt a warm feeling in his heart from his Senpai's obvious concern.

He couldn't help but begin to move.

He left his seat, walked out of class, and ignored everything.

He went to the roof as Senpai instructed him to and waited.

...

Had the sky always been so wide?