- Chapter 52

"If the situation continues..."

Natsuya looked directly at Seiji.

"The best result will be that we repel the enemy's attack successfully and defeat them or force them to retreat. The worst result will be... that all three of us will die."

Death.

Even though Natsuya said the word in a calm tone, Seiji was still able to detect a sliver of fear deep within her.

"A duel between Yin Yang Masters... Must it always end in one of their deaths?"

"No, but as a 'duel,' both sides will use everything in their power to achieve victory, so injuries or deaths are quite common."

Natsuya slowly sipped her tea.

"As for the school, it probably won't be affected; duels between Yin Yang Masters typically don't involve normal people."

Seiji sharply analyzed Natsuya's diction.

"You say 'probably' and 'typically'—you don't sound very sure."

"...I can't say with certainty that innocents won't get harmed." Natsuya sighed before continuing: "Yin Yang Masters live by the rule of not attracting the general public's attention... but the flip side is, as long as it's not to the degree of attracting a huge amount of attention, a few deaths are permitted."

"So it's a natural thing to them like how two lions dueling might accidentally crush a few insects to death?" Seiji frowned.

He had already felt a bit uncomfortable when he viewed the pictures taken by the Juumonji group, which depicted the drug dealers who had frozen to death.

Although they were human scum that nobody cared about, were willing to be taken advantage of, and their deaths were brought about by their own greed, the fact that human lives were ruthlessly taken still had a profound effect on him.

And now, hearing that there was a possibility that his fellow students were at risk from suffering the same fate of being frozen to death, the uncomfortable feeling lingering within his heart magnified.

Seiji's frown deepened as Mika and Chiaki's faces surfaced tin his mind.

"I can now somewhat understand the reason that Milady doesn't want to make friends with ordinary students."

Natsuya smiled wryly in response.

Hitaka glared at Seiji before exclaiming, "What do you know? Milady is..."

"Hitaka!" Natsuya interrupted.

The red-haired girl could only bite her lips.

'There's something they're hiding...' Seiji could tell as it was obvious.

But if they decided not to inform him, he would remain ignorant.

"My apologies; my words may have been hurtful."

"No, what you said was a fact."

Seiji and Natsuya exchanged glances.

"In order to prevent the worst outcome, the first thing we need to do is stop the enemy's Spirit-branded Retainer." Seiji rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

Actually, he already had an idea.

The solution was quite simple; all he had to do was find out when and where the next incident involving this Spiritual Retainer would be, then load, turn back time, and notify Natsuya and Hitaka about it.

The only problem he faced with this was how to tell them!

'Should I tell them about his save and load ability?' Seiji firmly rejected this course of action in his mind; he knew that his system and the save/load power were his trump cards. He absolutely must keep it as his personal secret for his own safety.