- Chapter 39

Seiji had a serious attitude as he explained his viewpoint, and the content was unbelievably scary.

"It... couldn't be? How could there be people like this?" Being the most simplistic, Mika was the first to unconsciously reject Seiji's conclusion.

"My previous self was exactly like them." Seiji looked directly at her, "To the past me, all other people were items that could move, and were separated into only two categories: useful and worthless... You should know this well."

Mika instantly remembered back to that brooding, dark fat otaku from before and trembled.

After hearing all this from Seiji, she finally remembered that apart from perverted lust, there seemed to be an abnormal light in that fat otaku's eyes.

"Now I've already realized my mistakes, and everything in the world is different to me. It can finally be said that I've become a normal person." Seiji smiled towards Mika.

"But... they still haven't realized. As I used to be the same type as them, I can see their true nature, but for others... It would probably be incredibly difficult for others since they're so beautiful and outstanding, and they don't seem to get into any trouble of any sort. That's why you can just treat all this as my own personal fantasy; it's up to you if you want to believe me or not."

"Senpai..." Hoshi clenched his teeth, wanting to say something, but he stopped himself.

"You need to make your own decision, Hoshi... Amami." Seiji gazed directly at his junior while voicing Hoshi's name out loud.

"Perhaps this is a little cruel, but you need to think this out for yourself, Hoshi... You can recognize if my words—as well as more important things—are valid... These are things about your sisters that you've always been thinking about before, both consciously and unconsciously. Of course, avoiding the problem is one method of dealing with it, but those who avoid the truth will eventually end up being swallowed by it. I don't wish for you to become... a sacrifice like that."

Hoshi remained silent.

Mika also stood there wordlessly.

Chiaki appeared contemplative for a while before she seemed to have a sudden epiphany.

"I just realized... those twin senpais have never shown their true selves to anyone before, right? They're excellent at hiding their true feelings; as long as they're in front of others, they're always acting! No wonder ever since meeting them, I felt that something was off about them."

"Chiaki..." Mika looked at her friend.

"They... truly have excellent acting techniques." Chiaki laughed, but condescension appeared in her eyes, "I... can't stand such actors though."

Seiji sighed.

"Forget about it; let's stop here. If we talk any more it'll be like we're viciously gossiping about others behind their backs."

"Senpai..."

"Hoshi, you need to beware of your sisters. That's the last piece of advice I can give you... Beware of them until they realize their own mistakes, or expose their true selves..."

Hoshi Amami lowered his head, and his beautiful face showed a conflicted expression.

"I... can't accept this... Senpai, telling me all this... I have no idea what I should do..."

Seiji looked at him and smiled gently.

"Even though I hate having to use such a cliché phrase, all I can say is this: do what you want to do. You can choose to believe me, ignore me, or even stop being friends with me; it's all up to you."