Chapter 106

Seiji imagined a vivid scene.

A girl with long black hair was clothed in a baggy white robe. With her left hand she wielded a shiny metallic kodachi in a reverse grip, while her right hand was removing the ribbon which bound her hair. A light breeze caused her hair, clothing, and the ribbon in her hand to flutter, giving her a beautiful and carefree feeling.

The moment his pen touched paper, it instantly began moving as his imagination came to life through the pen in his right hand.

*Swish swish swish…*

Seiji found it difficult to contain his excitement as he watched his imagination take life under his pen.

However…

"This… doesn’t seem that great."

The more that Seiji looked at the paper, the deeper his frown grew as his drawing gradually reached completion.

And before he finished, he ended up putting down his pen.

Just from what he had already completed, he could already tell that his drawing skill was far inferior to the scene he’d imagined.

‘Although this must partially be caused by my lack of drawing equipment, the most basic reason should be due to my art stat not being high enough.’

Unlike when he’d activated the [writing] card, his [art] stat was only 27; it was less than half of his [academics] stat which had already surpassed 50 long ago.

If his base stats weren’t high enough, even having the ability activated wouldn’t let him do a good job. Seiji confirmed that through this instance.

He activated [drawing], but his drawings weren’t good… it felt like a waste.

Not only that.

Seiji opened his system.

His [actions] now contained [speed drawing], [outline sketching], [portraits], [background illustration], and so on… And the lowest prerequisite among them, [speed drawing], required a minimum of at least 35 points in [art]!

In conclusion, he was unable to perform any of his new [actions].

‘If my base stats aren’t high enough, I won’t be able to do anything.’

Seiji sighed to himself. If he wanted to [draw] successfully, he would have to improve his [art] stat.

But every day he was already [studying] at school, and he had to do various [actions] after school; he didn’t have enough time to focus on [art].

Seiji felt like there wasn’t enough time in a day for him.

If he wanted to quickly improve his [art] stat, he would have to skip classes, or cut back on his other [actions], or else… sacrifice his recreational and resting time.

Seiji didn’t want to choose any of those three options. Were those his only choices?

Oh, right, there was a fourth option.

Seiji recalled that there was an [item] available which could allow him to reallocate his stats from one stat to another. If he used that, he could temporarily reallocate some of his [academics] points to his [art] stat!