- Chapter 21

Seiji was shocked at the unexpected request.

"Have a... date with Peach-sensei?"

"Even though I called it a date, it's more like just showing her around your school, grabbing a bite to eat, watching some students' shows and so on." Rika folded her arms before continuing, "Currently, she can't deal with adult men at all. While little kids and elementary schooler boys are okay for her, they don't help with curing her androphobia at all, so right now she needs to get used to middle school and high school boys. You've been working here for quite some time now, and I feel like you're a trustworthy and reliable person who can deal with most situations. The timing was perfect with your school festival, so I requested your assistance in order to help her familiarize herself with boys your age. It would also help her get out more and talk to real people—killing two birds with one stone, so to speak."

Seiji rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"Just experiencing the school festival... will that really help her cure her androphobia?"

"I don't know; it's just something I want to try." Rika unfolded her arms, "Are you willing to do it? Is a young man such as yourself willing to have a date with a stranger in the once-a-year experience of the school festival?"

"...What if I refuse?"

"Then we'll just have to reconsider the copyright issue and the store's assistance."

Seiji scratched his face as he thought about it.

"By the way... what does Sensei herself think of all this?" He turned to Peach, "Sensei is someone I don't know at all, and of course Sensei doesn't know me either—for two strangers to go to a school festival together, is it really alright?"

Rika also turned to look at her cousin.

Peach remained silent for a long time before she finally spoke up.

"Actually... I'm... afraid. But, I... trust Rika... and the boy she believes in. As I am now... even if I don't get married, I can live by myself. But, if this goes on... I can't draw male characters... I don't want myself to be limited to female characters forever!"

She slowly raised her head as she finished talking.

Bangs covered half of her forehead, but he could still tell that she had an alluring face which bore some resemblance to Rika's. In fact, her facial features were even prettier than Rika's, even if her skin didn't seem quite as healthy.

However, the determination behind her words was what moved Seiji the most.

That was the determination of a manga author!

After being moved by her determination, Seiji smiled.

"Alright, if Sensei says so, then as her fan, of course I should support her."

He turned towards the store manager, Rika Amami.

"I accept your condition!"

Rika smiled upon hearing this.

"Thank you, Harano-kun."

"You don't need to call me Harano here." Seiji turned towards Peach again: "Since Sensei is bravely facing her phobia, I feel it's impolite to keep using my alias in front of her. My real name is Seiji Haruta, and various circumstances have led to me using an alias for the time being. The store manager knows about this as well."

Peach widened her eyes slightly as she looked at her cousin, who subsequently smiled and nodded in affirmance.

"I want to be honest with Sensei, and I feel like giving her my real name can strengthen the bonds of trust between us. Oh... but I'd still prefer it if you could use my alias when talking with other people."