- Chapter 62

If Seiji attempted to, he could probably devise some excuse to fool them, but he preferred to tell the truth.

Telling the truth simplified everything. Chiaki and Mika left the store and met up with Seiji outside the entrance before they all left the Grand Spring department store together.

"My apologies..."

"You don't have to apologize for anything. I only feel awkward about not purchasing anything after trying on so many clothes. I feel bad for the store." Chiaki shrugged as she glanced at Seiji.

"Are you alright, Seiji?" Mika sent him a concerned look.

Seiji smiled at the duo reassuringly.

"I'm fine. I was just slightly shocked at seeing her so unexpectedly. Fortunately, I happened to be outside the store at the time, so she didn't notice me. Otherwise, that could've turned bad, haha..."

Chiaki and Mika stared at him silently.

Seiji slowly retracted his smile as a complex emotion appeared in his eyes.

"I still haven't... prepared myself mentally to face her. It hasn't been long since I changed myself, nor have I accomplished anything of note. I'll continue working hard and face her properly when I feel like I'm ready."

Seiji looked off into the distance with a contemplative expression.

A hand slowly rose up and heartily slapped him on his back.

"Honestly, you were hiding such a beautiful older sister! When you return, and you reconcile with her and your younger sister, you have to introduce us!" Chiaki grinned as she spoke. "Don't you agree, Mika?"

Mika hurriedly nodded.

"Seiji... You'll definitely be able to repair your relationship with them, so be more spirited!" The pigtailed girl raised her fist in a cheering motion in an attempt to uplift Seiji's mood.

Seiji smiled gratefully at the pair. "Thank you, guys."

They walked down the street wordlessly for a minute.

"By the way, Seiji..." Chiaki broke the silence.

"Hm?"

"Who was the girl by your sister's side?"

"I don't know her. Perhaps she was her... friend?" Midway through his sentence, Seiji suddenly recalled the fact that the green-haired girl had addressed his sister as "Milady."

"What's with that uncertain tone of yours?"

"It's also possible that she could be my sister's subordinate."

"Subordinate!?" Chiaki and Mika widened their eyes in amazement.

"Hey, hey, your sister's status seems to be rather special?" Chiaki recalled the discussions she had overheard from the other customers in the store. "Is your sister a true scion!? Then... are you actually a rich young master!?"

Seiji blinked in response.

"Yep, it would seem so," he answered affirmatively.

Chiaki and Mika both froze over. The duo were dumbstruck and simply stood there in astonishment, staring at him blankly.

"What's up with you guys?"

"What did you say...? Think about what you just said!!"

"What I said? All I did was answer your question."

"That's the problem!" Chiaki retorted forcefully. "You... you just acknowledged being a rich young master!?"

"Hmm... Probably."