- Chapter 94

What happened after that?

Seiji didn't know.

After all, he left together with Mika and Chiaki.

Hoshi stayed behind.

It was now after school. Seiji had to stay behind and write a self-reflection piece as punishment for skipping classes with no apparent reason.

Mika and Chiaki naturally accompanied him, and both were given the same punishment.

While writing, the two girls secretly snuck looks at Seiji and discovered that he was merely staring out the window in a daze, his pen motionless in his hand.

What a memorable scene of this melancholic, handsome youth... Forget it; just take a picture!

"Chiaki!" Mika scolded her friend when she saw Chiaki taking her cell phone out to snap a picture.

"Sorry, it was just such a nice scene. I couldn't help it..." Chiaki scratched her head. "Would you like one?"

Mika's face reddened slightly as she nodded.

"What... do you think he's thinking?" Mika asked after she received a copy of the picture.

"He's probably still thinking about what just happened."

"Mm, I think so as well, since... Seiji is a gentle person."

"Mm, yeah." Chiaki's eyes flashed as she glanced between the boy and Mika. "How much of what happened in the dojo did you understand?"

Mika blinked as she displayed a thoughtful expression. "I can't really say... I just felt like everything Seiji did was for their sake..."

"I knew you wouldn't understand, so allow me to explain for you, Uehara-san!" Chiaki faked a coughing fit and posed, acting as if she were a teacher about to give a lecture. "What you probably care about the most was the second to last scene, where Seiji seemed to turn into a much darker person."

"That Seiji seemed rather scary, but thinking about it, he was quite cool as well~" Chiaki licked her lips in excitement. "Let's just call him 'Dark Seiji!'"

"Why are you even making up a special nickname!?" Mika questioned forcefully. "The way he was... I cared a lot about it, because I didn't like it, but... that was necessary, right?"

"Seiji must have considered it necessary, and I think he didn't make any mistakes, because I can't think of anything better," Chiaki explained. "In my opinion, Seiji turned into 'Dark Seiji' for three purposes!"

"First, to give the twin sisters a huge impact! Second, to act the part of the villain and awaken Hoshi Amami's inherent goodness! The above two were fairly easy to understand, but as for the third... I bet you didn't even think of it." Chiaki chuckled playfully.

"So you're saying I'm stupid..." Mika pouted.

"You just didn't think too deeply into it; you could have perceived it if you considered it a little more." Chiaki pretended to crack a whip before she continued, "His third goal probably aimed to make the karate club members pity the twins and leave them with a sympathetic impression. If the club members regard the twins as people deserving pity, they're less likely to bully them in the aftermath."

"After all, those sisters lost their blackmail material, so it's likely there are many people who seek to take revenge on the twins and bully them. However, after such a performance by Seiji, this possibility was greatly reduced."

"Oh..." Mika nodded in understanding. "That sounds... right."

"Now, if those twin sisters stay at this school, at the very least... they won't be as bad off as they could have been."