03 || Campsite Massacre

We slowly trudge up the poorly paved hill that supposedly leads up to their camp. I feel on edge as if something could happen at any moment. I pull my motorcycle alongside me as we all feel our legs grow tired.

Suddenly the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I let out a low growl.

"Bandit, is everything okay?" Rick asks me

I drop my motorcycle without care and slowly take my bow and grip it tight with an arrow in place.

"No." Is all I say before sprinting towards an opening in the trees.

"Where are you going dumbass?" Daryl yells after me but I ignore it.

"Where's your camp?" I yell back to them, already too far to hear a response.

Making it up the hill I spot a clearing which is lit up by a yellow glow.

I watch as a walker slowly makes it way towards a blonde girl that just emerged from an old RV. I draw back the arrow and it soars through the air and burrows it's self into the walkers head. I take another arrow and fire at more walkers that slowly emerge from the tree line.

Once my arrows run out, I take out one of my katanas and keep them away from the survivors. A walker emerges to my right and I'm not quick enough go get it. Luckily, a familiar bolt shoots it down. I look to Daryl and give him a respectful nod of approval. He returns it and we continue fighting them off.

I gather some of the children and their parents.

"Stay behind me." I tell them

My voice sounds like silver ice. Slick and clear as some would describe it. The mother cling to their children. I don't move too far from them but I am far enough to where they have more than about room to move around.

I here a shrill scream behind me which sends my nerves on end. I turn around and stab a walker through the skull that was too close to a young boy.

It turns out that was the last walker.

"Are you okay?" I ask the young boy

Tears prick his eyes as he leaps into my and engulfs me into a long hug. I don't hug back however. I hate hugs.

Rick comes over and saves me. He place a hand on the boys shoulder.

"That's enough, Carl. Let her rest."

Looking around, the walkers had been fenced off. Not well enough without casualties but some made it out alive. The people of the camp stick together, leaving me by myself to watch them comfort each other.

I walk off as people begin to retreat the safety of their tents for a restless sleep. I climb into a tree and wait for the sunrise. As per usual, I don't sleep so it's going to be a long night.

-time skip-

"Rise and shine, princess. You gonna just sit up there, or are ye gonna help." Daryl barks

I roll my eyes and climb down the chair. I glare at him as my feet touch the floor.

"Don't shout at me, redneck." I sneer

"What'd ye say, bitch?" Daryl says as he gets in my face

"You heard me." I growl

"Bandit," rick calls.

"This ain't over." He growls back

"No, I'm pretty sure it is."

I ram my shoulder into his as I walk past him. He glares at the back of my head.