40 || This Means War

It's been a while since the disease in the prison. I've fully recovered and I've got my potential back. I've been practicing throwing my knives and aiming my gun. I made sure I'm back and better than ever. I'm still not allowed to leave the cell block yet. I'm anticipating to get out of here.

I'm throwing my knives at a mattress I laid against the wall. All of them hitting dead center. I have a tick in my neck so I'm getting ready for anything.

"Karma you need to rest," Glenn says from upstairs

"I'm fine Glenn, those 10 pounds of antibiotics made better."

"Yeah, but you need to recover." He says

"Yeah, and so do you. I'm fine." I tell him

Before he can answer an explosion goes off. I duck down and look around. Dupree is falling from the ceiling. Small particles though.

"Stay here, I going to check it out!" I yell to everyone in the cell block

I run out the door and down to quarantine. Everyone looks scared.

"Everyone stay put. If anything else happens, I need you to run to the bus." I tell all of the kids

I run out the side of the building. I look around. No one is outside. I climb my ladder as fast as I can.

BANG

BANG

BANG

Three gunshots ring out. I stop climbing and look around. I'm halfway up the ladder. One of the guard towers is on fire. Someone blew it up.

I start climbing up faster. Someone wants the prison. I go up to my post on top of the building. I secure all of my weapons. My katanas, hybrid butterfly knives, my needle knife in my ponytail and my other knives in their designated places.

I rush over to the edge of the building. My twin pistols in my hands. The governor stands outside. He has a tank and many people.

'Shit'

I look down and see all of our people standing there with guns. We need to trust Rick. I stand there, crouching. I have to make sure no one sees me. I can barely hear them.

"Without....this...worthless." That was all I could pick up

"We....live...prison...none...can," Rick says

The governor jumps off of the tank. He goes behind it and takes something from one of his people.

Michonne katana

He walks up behind Hershel and holds it up to his neck.

Rick start walking around in a panic.

"You...Ponytails, is....you want." Rick says, still barely audible

"What...want..you got. Time...leave..." One of the men say.

Rick says something back to the man. I can barely hear them still. Rick starts explaining something as the governor takes the katana away from Hershel's neck.

The governor says something that echoes through my brain

"Liar."

He wields the katana back and slashes the side of Hershel's neck. His head bobs to the left, barely hanging on to the rest of his neck.

Everything seems to go in slow motion. I can't hear the screams of Maggie and Beth. I can't hear anything. I look at the blood pooling onto his shirt. He falls over

"NOOO!" I yell

I spring up and shoot the governor in the shoulder. I keep firing at anything and anyone. I get one in the head

62

I watch as Michonne rolls away behind a car. I see Hershel start inching away, he's still alive.

Then the governor walks over to him and finishes cutting off his head. Blood flying all over his face.

I keep shooting at everyone

They get in their cars. And the tank rolls up. They're taking down the fences. I get a clear shot of some people

63

64

65

The tank fires at one of the windows. It is blown to smithereens.

They all keep moving in and they aren't stopping. The tank runs down the gate and knocks over water buckets.

66

I keep firing and shooting.

67

68

69

I have the governors head in my sight. I aim, keeping as steady as possible.

"KARMA!"

"KARMA LOOK OUT!"

"KARMA GET OUT OF THERE!

"KARMA RUN!"

Everyone keeps shouting at me. Their screams echo from below me and in the bus. I look over at everyone to see they are all looking at me. I look over and see the tank pointed at me.

BOOM

Black

Daryl's Pov

"Get the girl on the roof!" One man screams

I look up to see Karma pointing her gun at the governors head. The tank turns and is pointed at Karma. She doesn't even notice, but everyone else does.

Everyone starts screaming for her. She can't hear us.

"KARAM RUN!" I yell

She looks over at us, then the tank.

But it's too late.

BOOM

The tank goes off. I open my eyes to watch her drop. As the explosion hits. She's gone. Just like that.

"NO!" I yell

I take a dead corpse and hide behind it like a shield.

I slowly walk up to the assholes that killed Karma. They fire at the corpse but they don't hit me.

I throw a grande at them.

Walkers start flooding into the prison. I take out an automatic and shoot some down. The tank shoots the bridge connecting two cell blocks.

I run over and pop a grande down the shaft of the tank.

"GRANDE!" The man yells and scurries out of the tank.

'He's the one that killed Karma. There's no way I'm letting that slide.'

I hold my crossbow up to the man's chest. He turns around slowly. I shoot him and he drops holding his chest

Beth runs up behind me

"I was trying to find the kids to get them on the bus." She says

"We gotta go, Beth. We gotta go." I tell her

Karma's dead and there's nothing I can do about it.

We take off running. Leaving her behind. Leaving the walkers behind.

Merle is dead.

Carol is probably dead.

Karma's dead.