52 || We All Lose Someone

We wait and watch as they walk up to the building. They break open the door.

"Well, I guess you know we're here." Gareth says "and we know you're here. And we're armed. So there's really no point in hiding anymore."

I creep through the door. Their backs are facing me.

"We've been watching you. We know who's here. There's Bob... unless you put him out of his misery already. And Eugene. Rosita. Martin's good friend Tyreese. Carl. Judith. Rick and the rest walked out."

'That's where you're wrong.'

"With a lot of your guns. Listen we don't know where you all are but this isn't a big place. So let's just stop this now before things get more painful than they need to be."

They move in and rattle the doorknob to the room everyone's in.

"Look your in one of these rooms and we have more than enough firepower to take down both. Can't imagine that's what you all want."

He keeps talking but I focus on getting everyone in the church.

Then Judith starts crying.

Rick gives me the signal.

I shoot the two closest to the door that everyone's in.

"Put your guns on the floor," Rick says from the back of the church.

"Rick well fire right into that door if you don't fire your gun."

Rick snaps his fingers

I shoot his finger off

"Put your guns on the floor and kneel," Rick says stepping out into the light.

"Do what he says," Gareth says

They all get down as we walk down the isles.

"Martin there's no choice here," Gareth says as Martin keeps standing.

"Yeah, there is."

"Wanna bet?" Abraham says next to him

He gets down, defeated.

I walk up behind Gareth and point my gun at his head. Rick walks over next to me.

"No point in begging right?" He says holding his finger I shot off

"No," I growl

"Still you could have killed us when you came in. There had to be a reason for that."

"We didn't want to waste the bullets."

"We used to help people. We saved people. Things changed. They came in and-" he holds onto his finger in pain. "After that...I know that you've been out there, but I can see it. You don't know what it is to be hungry."

He pauses

"You don't have to do this. We can walk away. And we will never cross paths again. I promise you."

"But you'll cross someone's path. You'd do this to anyone, right? Besides, I already made you a promise." Rick says

He pulls out the red handled machete and sliced off his head.

I take my katana and swing down on the person I'm standing by, cutting their head in two. Blood sprays everywhere. It gets all over my face and hands and clothes.

It drips from my hair and onto the floor.

77

"It could have been us," Rick says

-time skip-

We all say our goodbyes to Bob before he dies.

Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, Glenn and Maggie and leaving today.

Sasha comes out of the room crying. I walk over to her and place a conforming hand on her shoulder.

She immediately engulfs me in a hug and starts crying on my shoulder. I hesitate but hug back. Everyone stares at us in sorrow.

She lost Bob.

I lost Daryl.

We stand there for a while. Then we break apart.

Later Abraham comes up to me.

"You lose someone too?"

"Yeah," I say sadly

"May I ask who?"

I laugh lightly but tell him anyway

"Daryl."

He looks at me in awe. "You two were a thing?"

"No." I laugh "But I liked him...a lot." I say a little bit upset

"You'll find him." He says and pats me on the shoulder.

-time skip-

Maggie Glenn and Tara ride off with Abraham and his group to DC.

I wave goodbye to them as the bus pulls away. After they're gone I walk into the woods and slide my back down a tree.

I sit there until nighttime.

I want to cry but I can't. I won't let myself. I can't cry over a man. Never.

Soon I hear rustling in the woods, opposite side of the church.

Daryl steps out.

"Where's Carol?" Michonne asks

"Come on out," Daryl calls over his shoulder