96 || Monsters

All I feel is pain.

"Guns down...now."

Rick places his weapons on the ground.

"So, you're the Rick from Alexandria. This whole time, it was you." Morales says sounding so disappointed

"You called your men in for nothing. The fights out there. It's just me in here."

"Did you hear what I just said? I know who you are. I saw it in the mirror through the open door. And it wasn't any kind of blast from the past. As soon as I saw you... I knew you'd made the same trip as me. From there to here. Shit, well... I guess we aren't the same guys we used to be, huh?"

I slowly stand to my feet, going unnoticed by either of the men.

"Cause you're a monster."

That word I've heard too many times. That word I've been called too many times. And it hurts. Like hell.

"I called them back because you're a prize, Rick. We've been told. We don't kill you, the Widow, the King, or the Animal...not if we don't have to."

I sigh, feeling my blood boil.

"So why are you here, Rick? I know you...just like before. You're always the guy willing to rush in. But why? What is it you're looking for?"

I spot my bow on a table and make my way towards it. I grab my bow and hold it up to his head. Rick finally notices my presence.

"Nothing to say, huh? It doesn't matter. Not anymore. Not for you or anyone else you brought in here. 'Cause what's left of my people... they're coming. And we'll get you to Negan. You and that animal, Karma." He growls

He turns to look at where I once sat to no longer find me there. I listen and hear Daryl's footsteps walking towards the doorway.

Rick takes his attention away from me and reasons with him, explaining their losses.

"Are you Negan too?" Rick asks

Morales goes on about how they found him.

"So yeah, I'm Negan too."

I loosen my grip on my bow, making sure I don't choke my grip. The arrow rests gently on my finger, waiting for me to let it loose. I let my anger go and steady myself.

I focus on Morales' anger filled movement.

"Lori, Shane, Andrea, Glenn... They're all dead and somewhere along the way, officer Friendly died right along with 'em. Just like I did with them. That's what I know, Rick."

I let out a breath and feel Daryl next to me.

"Wait, NO!" Rick shouts

Too late. Daryl and I both plant an arrow into his head.

"You good?" Daryl asks Me as he gives me a kiss

Rick's eyes fill with tears.

"That-t-that was..."

"I know who it was. It don't matter. Not one little bit."

Daryl hands me my arrow. I strap my quiver to my thigh and pull my sniper over my shoulder.

"You find them guns?" Daryl asks

"They aren't here," Rick says

"He called the Saviors back from the courtyard. We gotta get out before they get here." I tell them

Just as I finish, a door is kicked down.

"They're here," Daryl says