70 || Trial and error

Days have gone by, my arm is now healed and I finally got to build the training house. We filled it with punching bags and pillows bolted to the wall. I went on a run and found a gym so I took boxing gloves, wraps, weights, punching bags, a ladder and a pull-up bar.

Now it's really weird, I know. But, it's perfect for taking my anger out and practicing. I also made a target practice place for Daryl and me outside.

There's a small window in case anybody wants to watch me train or if people want to watch the lessons I give.

Deanna is having a meeting about deciding if we should throw Rick out. The fact that she thinks that, makes me furious. So, I throw punches inside my new training house.

I put on my wraps and boxing gloves and let all my anger out on the bag. The chain holding the punching bag up rattles with each punch I throw.

I turn around and practice on one of the punching dummies I have in there. It's rubber face twists and bends with each punch I throw.

I watch as Deanna stops by the window, watching every move. I jump up and roundhouse kick the dummy in the face. The head goes flying off, startling Deanna. It hits the wall with a thud. I look over and glare at her, watching her walk away.

I keep punching the dummy over and over. I walk over and grab the dummies head and tape it back on.

Soon Maggie knocks on the door.

"Hey," I say

"Hey Karma, what do you think about the meeting tonight."

"They should know that they won't last a Day if we weren't helping them. Besides they're literally children."

"Will you help me stop it?" Maggie asks

"How? Kill them?" I ask cracking my knuckles

"No. By talking our way out."

"By the looks of it, talking won't get us nowhere."

"I know. But we have to try." Maggie says a bit disappointed.

"Ugh. Fine but, don't blame me if someone dies." I joke.

"Thank you." She says smiling

She leaves and I go back to punching. I put up the ladder as a monkey bar type of thing. I practice pulling myself up and through the gaps in the ladder.

Soon enough it was almost time for the meeting. I go back to my house and change out of my sweaty clothes.

-time skip-

We all sit around a fire, not saying a word as we wait for Rick to show up. Some of the people chatter quietly to each other.

"We're going to start," Deanna says

"Can we wait? There're still people coming. Glenn, Rick." Maggie reasons

"We're going to start," Deanna says ignoring her

"It's already dark. We're going to talk about what happened. Not the fight. Not what precipitated it. We're dealing with that. We're going to talk about one of our constables, Rick Grimes."

I get up and march away from the group, angrily. I push Deanna out of the way with my shoulder and everybody watches as I do so.

I go off to look for Rick. I start at the gate. It's closed and locked but there's walker blood on the latch to keep it closed.

I rush down the streets, looking behind houses and spot him just as he shoots a walker that's on top of him. Walker blood spews onto his face and he pushes the walker off of him.

I rush over and help him up. He grabs the dead walker and throws it over his shoulder. We both walk over to the group at the meeting.

He throws the walker onto the ground in front of everyone. They all step back in discuss and horror.

"There wasn't a guard on the gate. It was open."

"I asked Gabriel to close it," Spencer says to Deanna

"Go." She demands Spencer

"I didn't bring it in. It got inside on its own. They always will-the dead and the living, because we're in here. And the ones out there...they'll hunt us. They'll find us. They'll try to use us. They'll try to kill us. But we'll kill them. We'll survive. I'll show you how." Rick says

He looks over to Deanna and her husband

"You know, I was thinking- I was thinking, how many of you do I have to kill to save your lives? But I'm not gonna do that. You're gonna change. I'm not sorry for what I said last night. I'm sorry for not saying it sooner. You're not ready, but you have to be. Right now, you have to be. Luck runs out." Rick says

My ear twitches to footsteps approaching. I growl at the unknown steps. Rick turns to look at me.

"You're not one of us. You're not one of us!" Pete yells with a knife in hand

"Pete, you don't want to do this." Deanna's husband reasons

They both start arguing about fighting. Pete takes Michonne's katana and slices Deanna's husband's neck open.

I take out my katana and growl. I use my katana to knock his out oh his hands and I tackle him to the ground. Abraham takes over for me.

"Rick...do it," Deanna says through tears

Without hesitation, Rick shoots Pete in the head.

"Rick?" A familiar voice asks

I look over to see my old friend from my childhood, Morgan.

"Morgan!" I cheer and I run up to hug him.

He smiles and hugs me back