92 || Broken Chains

Today's the day I'm breaking out. Negan and some of his men are going off to the Hilltop and it's before the guard change.

I still have the key Sherry gave me for mine and Daryl's cell.

I unlock my chains so it looks like someone let me out. I wait and listen for the foot steps to leave. I quietly unlock the door and slip out, locking the door behind me.

If Eugene was right, there shouldn't be anyone in the halls right now. It's about mid day.

My footsteps lightly tap on the ground. Eugene opens his door and hands me a jacket.

"Be safe." He says

I take the jacket and put it on. He hands me my weapons and I put them on. He gives me a hug and wishes me the best.

"I just want to say I'm sorry in advanced for the events that might occur in the future." He says

Other footsteps start to approach my cell. I give him a quick hug and run to the door. I hide slide by the gate and past the guards.

I glide through the woods and onto a highway.  I sprit down the middle of the highway not looking back. The wind through my hair and the sun on my face feels amazing. The wind blows through my greasy hair.

My running comes to a stop as I suddenly feel like I'm going to faint. I rest my hands on my knees and I bend over.

I suck in a breath and look back. I've made it so far and I'm not stopping now. I turn to the road and go into the woods on the opposite side of the road.

-time skip-

I've been walking for miles and I'm getting weak.

I look down at my hands. The blood has drained from my skin.

I keep walking until I reach a small store. I lean over into my knees and suck in a big breath. I get up and walk down a long road. Eventually it leads to a big gate with 5 walkers in front of it.

I unsheathe my katana and swing, slicing the heads off with one blow.

I fall to my knees. I'm getting weaker and I need help.

"Open the gate." A familiar voice says

The gates squeak open and out walks Morgan.

"Karma, are you alright?"

I shake my head no and fall to my knees. "I escaped the sanctuary." I tell him as he helps me stand.

Two soldier looking men walk into view and look at the dead walkers then back to me.

"Are you alright miss?" One of them ask

"She needs food and water. Maybe medical attention." Morgan says

With that I pass out.

———

I wake up in a bed. There's a IV in my arm and my scars are patched up. Morgan sits in a chair next to me with a plate filled with food.

I dig into the plate and Morgan asks what happened to me.

"When you went to look for Carol, the Saviors found me. I killed some of their men, they took me back to the Sanctuary, chained me up, starved me, beat me, burned my shoulder and threatened to kill everyone in Alexandria."

He looks at me. I can't tell what he's thinking.

"I got out, Eugene helped me get my weapons back and I ran. I stumbled upon this place and here I am."