69 || To Get Home

I wake up, I'm still not dead. Walkers stumble around aimlessly. It's now night time. I wasn't out for too long, thank god.

I check my arm to see it's scabbed. I dust off some of the dirt and pick myself up. I guess this the start of my journey home.

'Funny, this is just like back at the prison.'

I gather my mind and think of a way home.

-time skip-

It's finally morning and I've been walking for miles. My feet are sore, my head hurts, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, and I have no idea where I am.

A twig snaps and I pull out my bow. A deer prances through the grass, enjoying its self without a walker insight.

I draw my bow back and shoot, just barely missing. It hits the deer's throat and it drops.

I shoot the deer in the head and stare disappointedly. I really need to practice. I'm doing awful.

No one is around so I let me be myself for once. I dig my hands into the deer's body. I dig into the deer, enjoying every bloody bite.

Soon I hear gunshots. But they're silenced, and yes, they still make noise meaning, they're close.

I get up, wipe my mouth and start running towards the sound. My arm gets caught on a branch and the scab peels off. Blood pours down my arm.

"Shit."

I pick up my pace and go after the sound but it ceased. I cross the field and enter the familiar woods. I make my way through to woods and towards Alexandria.

-time skip-

I approach the gate and they are thrown open. Glenn helps me through the gate in tears

"I thought you died." He says

"Thought I did too." I laugh

Rosita helps me into a medical bed and tells me I just need stitches. It's not even a bad cut. I look over and see Tara laying in another medical bed, unconscious.

"She alright?" I ask

"Yeah. She's doing fine." Rosita says finishing my stitches

Glass breaks from outside and we both spring up. I rush outside to see the commotion. Rick and Jessie's husband are fighting each other. They roll on the ground, throwing punches.

Jessie gets hit trying to pull her husband for off of Rick. Then they flip over and Rick is on top. They strangle each other. Carl gets pushed back after trying to break it up.

"Stop. Stop it right now." Deanna says running up

"Touch them again and I'll kill you," Rick growls to the man

"Damn it, Rick! I said stop!" She yells

They start walking forward going to pull them apart.

"Or what?" Rick says pulling out a gun.

"You gonna kick me out?" He says, his face coated with blood.

"Put that gun down, Rick."

"You still don't get it. None of you do! We know what needs to be done and we do it. We're the ones who live. You, You just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know when you don't. You wish things weren't what they are. All you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is done. Things don't get better because you-you want them to. Starting right now, we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here." Rick says

My blood begins to boil. He is starting to sound like Shane.

"That's never been more clear to me then it is right now."

"Me? Me? You-you mean-you mean me?" He starts laughing

"Your way is gonna destroy this place. It's gonna get people killed. It's already gotten people killed. And I'm not gonna stand by and just let it happen. If you don't fight, you die." He says

I start walking forward angrily.

"I'm not gonna stand by-"

I cut him off and punch in the back of the head, knocking him out. I rip my stitches open in the process. I take his gun and give it to Michonne.

I give Deanna a strong glare and hold my bloody arm. Rosita walks me back to the infirmary and restitches my arm.

"That was stupid." She tells me

"Someone had to do it." I growl

She sighs and tells me to take it easy on my arm. So, I walk back to my house and relax.