88 || The day will come when you wont be

"What? Was the joke that bad?" Negan asks me

Everyone is sobbing.

"I'm gonna kill you." I whisper

He frowns deeply and turns away from me. He walks over the Rick and crouches down.

"Not today... not tomorrow... but I'm gonna kill you." I say as he walks away

Everybody looks at me with fear. Negan's men ready their guns just incase.

Negan looks to Rick.

"You gonna control her?" He asks

Rick just glares at Negan. Negan gives me a quick look and then looks back to Rick

"Jesus. Simon...what did he have, a knife?"

"Uh, he had a hatchet." Simon tells Negan

"A hatchet?" Negan asks

"He has an ax." Simon corrects himself

Negan laughs.

"Simon's my right hand man. Having one of those is important. I mean, what do you have left without them? A whole lot of work. Do you have one. Maybe one of these fine people still breathing?"

Rick doesn't answer.

"Oh...or did I..."

Rick starts shaking with fear and anger.

"Sure. Yeah. Give me his ax."

Simon walks over and gives Negan the ax. He slides it into his belt.

"I'll be right back. Maybe Rick will be with me."

He drags Rick by the back of his jacket and past me.

"If not, well, we can just turn these people inside out, won't we? I mean the ones that are left."

He drags Rick into the RV and they take off. I look over at the pile of mushed blood and brains scattered across the gravel.

I look at what once used to be Abraham.

-flashback-

I watch as Negan walks around, pointing his bat in peoples faces. Everyone is shaking and crying.

"It."

He points to Abraham. Sasha and Rosita start bawling their eyes out.

"Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father, and then we'll start. You can breathe. you can blink. You can cry. Hell, you're all gonna be doing that."

He walks over to him and looks back to me for a split second. He takes his bat and swings down.

The thud of the bat echos through my ears.

"Oh, look at that! Taking it like a champ!" Negan says

Abraham sits back up with blood dripping from his head.

"Suck...my...nuts."

He swings down again. I flinch at the sound. He keeps swinging and I flinch at every blow. Once his head is nothing but bits and pieces, he backs away.

"Did you hear that? He said, 'Suck my nuts." Phew." Negan starts laughing.

He keeps swinging the bat down over and over at the bloody puddle.