22 || Inmates

-previously on The Walking Dead-

Hershel was bit by a walker, while in search for the cafeteria and infirmary. The group had to find a place to keep him safe and find out what to do. They end up having to chop off his leg in order to keep him alive.

But they're not alone. Karma hears small rustling and Daryl telling Rick to duck.

"Holy shit"

-present-

"Holy shit." One of the inmates say

I lower my head and growl loudly. They all look at us some scared and others confused. There's only 5 of them. Let's kill them and get out of here.

"Who the hell are you?" Daryl says walking closer

"Who the hell are you?" One of the inmates echo.

"He's bleeding out we gotta go back," Rick says.

Rick starts telling everyone what to do.

"Come on out of there. Nice and slow." Daryl tells them.

"What happened to him?" The 'leader' asks

"Got bit."

"Bit?" The inmate asks reaching for his gun.

I growl even more telling him to back off.

"Woah, woah, woah. Easy now." Daryl tell me and him. "No nobody needs to get hurt."

I ignore the rest of the conversation and keep my eyes on be inmates making sure they don't make any wrong moves.

"Karma, the door," Rick instructs me.

T-dog opens the door and gets ready to fight walkers alongside me.

One armed walker comes at him so I grab it and yank it to the ground and jump on its head as hard as I can, breaking the helmet and head.

"Let's go!" Rick yells

We rush Hershel back to our cell as fast as possible. The inmates followed us back but we can't worry about that.

We make it back to the cell block. Rick rushes Hershel into the block and locks the door behind him. Daryl and I stand outside in case the inmates followed us.

"Be ready," Daryl whispers to me

I notch an arrow and drawback, just in case things get messy.

Daryl has one foot on a table and has his crossbow tamed at the door to the room before the cell block. I guard the cell door so they can't get in.

Sure enough, they walk through the door we're aiming at.

"That's far enough," Daryl tells them.

"Cellblock C. Cell 4, that's mine, gringo. Let me in." The one with a tank top says.

"Today's your lucky day, fellas. You've been pardoned by the state of Georgia. You're free to go." Daryl says in a matter of factly way

"What's going on in there."

"Ain't none of your concern."

"Don't be telling me what's my concern." The tank top man says pulling out a gun.

I step forward and growl.

"Chill man. Dudes leg is messed up. Besides, we're free now. Why are we still here?" The biggest guy says