98 || How its Gotta Be

Alexandria is rather nerve racking if you ask me. Ever since Negan attacked us, and had been here, everyone was been on edge ever since. Everyone readying for the fight, preparing for anything.

I sigh, walking through the streets, watching people stare me down and then carry on. I don't know why everyone is suddenly to suspicious of me. Maybe it's because I didn't kill Negan when I had the chance.

I feel so out of place here, it sucks. Back at the beginning, I still remember the only reason I'm here is because I- 

I don't even know why I'm still here.

Was it because I helped Glenn? Because I helped get him back from the Vatos? Or because I gave them guns? Or helped save some of their group? Either way... I don't really belong here. If I had left after I helped cover him...maybe I wouldn't be in this mess.

But I can't just leave Daryl. I wouldn't leave him if I had to.

People are planning on going for an attack tonight. At least I'm pretty sure they are. But all in all, something just doesn't feel right. I know people won't believe me when I say it so I'm just going to ignore it, hopefully I'm wrong.

I miss when people trusted me and believe what I said. I've never been wrong. At least I can't remember when I was.

I run a hand through my hair, sighing. I so badly want to leave but I don't want to leave them. I don't even know if I can't trust these people enough to live on their own.

This whole time, I feel like Daryl and I are the reason Rick has been reasonable. Whenever Rick fell out of line, we always pushed him back.

By now, night has fallen and the sky was now a dark blue. The bad feeling is worse than ever. I try cracking my neck to throw off the feeling but I can't.

Something tells me that I need to get everyone to safety. As soon as I can.

I find Michonne as quickly as I can to warn her.

"Michonne!" I shout

She turns her attention to me.

"What? Is everything okay?" She asks turning her attention to me

"Something's not right. Get everyone to safety. Make sure everyone is out of here as soon as possible." I tell her

"What's going on? Why?" She asks

"I-"

There's three loud metal clangs on the front gate. My heart stops.

Michonne looks to the gate, nothing but fear in her eyes.

Negan comes over on a microphone.

"You may be wondering why the hell your lookouts didn't sound the alarm. See, we are polite. I mean, I don't know when they're gonna wake up from that kinda shot, but they should wake up. So let's just cut through the cow shit-you lose. It's over. So you're gonna line up in front of your little houses, and you're gonna work up some apologies and then the person with the lamest one is gonna get killed."

"Get everyone out of here!" I stress, running off to the crowd of people just standing there. "Let's go! Get out of here! Hide! Get somewhere safe!" I yell to them as I run around trying to get everyone out of their houses

Where Rick is, I don't know. But he's not here and someone has to step up and take over. Fear cannot control us. As scared as we are, we cannot be afraid. We're not dying tonight, not if I can do anything to stop it.

I run into the weapon closet, grabbing ammo and a few handguns. I grab my katanas and strap them to my back.

I rush outside to see people waiting for an order on what to do.