23 || Alive

"NO!" The inmate with the bat yells

Then he charges at Rick with his bat. Before he reaches Rick, I kick him in the stomach and he falls on his back. He gets up and runs away.

"I got him," Rick tells us

"Get on your knees," Daryl tells them

"We don't have no affiliation to what just happened. Tell 'em, Oscar." Axel says

"Stop talking man."

I go over to a dryer and sit on top of it, sharpening my knives. The sound of metal against metal fills the room. A long sharp dragging sound.

Soon Rick comes back without the other guy. I get up and walk over to them. He immediately starts questioning them.

"We didn't have nothing to do with that," Oscar tells us

"You didn't know?" Rick questions him pointing a gun at his head. "You knew. Daryl let's end this now!"

He rushes over to the other inmate, pointing a gun at his head. Daryl rushes over to Oscar and holds a knife to his neck.

"Sir, sir. You gotta listen to me, please! It was them that was bad! It wasn't us!"

"Oh, that's convenient!" Rick says sarcastically.

"You saw what he did to Tiny. He was my friend. Please, we ain't like that. I like my pharmaceuticals but I'm no killer. Oscar here is a B and E." He says breaking down. "And He ain't very good at it neither. We ain't the violent kind! They were! Please, I swear to god! I want to live!"

Rick takes his gun off the man's head and goes to Oscar.

"What about you?" Rick asks

"I ain't never pleaded for my life." He says

'I like this guy already.'

"And I ain't about to start now. So you do what you gotta do."

Rick looks back over to me. He knows I'm good at telling whether people are lying or not. I shake my head no. They're not lying, they don't want to die. They're innocent, for now.

"Karma, head back to the cell. Check on everyone make sure they're ok. We'll handle this." Rick tells me

I pick up my knives and head towards the door to our cell. It's a nice long quiet walk back. The only sound is the light tapping of my combat boots.

I look over at the cells on the wall. There's a walker on the ground, he has knives.

'Did the guards try to help them?'

I stomp on the walkers head. It explodes instantly. The walker holds hunting knives.

Butchering...

Bowie...

Boning...

Skinning...

And gutting.

Wow. He must have got these from other inmates as well.

'Where did he get these, guards don't carry hunting knives. Only guns and tasers.'

I had to sneak my dad out of prison when I was little. Knock a few guards out, take the keys, get my dad and get out. It worked but, it wasn't fun. My dad took their tasers and used them against me. I'm used to them now. And I'm not proud of it.

I have scars on my back and on my arms from where he tased me. I hate it.

I take out one of my strongest knives and drag it along the wall.

-time skip to back in cell-

Rick, Daryl, and T-Dog come back and meet me outside of the cell. I walk in alongside Daryl.

"Anything happen?" I ask him

"Nah. They got their cell." He tells me.

I put my stuff on my mattress on the window and walk over to the cell with Hershel. I stand outside and wait.

"Daddy?"Maggie asks

I peer into the cell and see that Hershel woke up. He's ok and he survived.

'One tough son of a bitch' I think

Rick unhooks the handcuffs on Hershel's hands as Beth hugs him.

I smile a little bit. I'm glad he's alive, he's helping this group keep its sanity.

Carol walks through the prison cell door and goes up to me.

"Come on sweetie, you need to rest. When's the last time you slept?" She kisses the top of my head in a motherly way.

I climb up to my bed and lay down. My bed is low enough so she can still reach me. Carol massages my head as I take out my ponytail. I let out a small purr. Yes, I know it's weird but my dad used to make me do it. He considered me his pet and made me act like one from time to time. It became accustomed to me. She kisses my head once more before I drift to sleep.