33 || Under Attack

I sit outside and wait for the sunrise. Michonne is up first. She walks over to me.

"I'm thinking about clearing these walkers today. Putting up defenses. Making sure we are prepared whenever the Governor strikes."

"Let's do it," I say, my voice raspy from not speaking overnight.

She walks inside. I sit there. I shake off the dream. It was so confusing.

-time skip-

Everyone is up by now.

Me, Michonne, Daryl, Glenn, and Hershel all drive out into the field. Michonne and I jump out and slice walkers with my katanas. Glenn and Daryl put out spikes in the grass, to pop tires if the governor comes back.

I pull out both my katanas and run at two walkers, taking their heads clean off. Then I take one of the walker's heads and throw it at another walker. It falls to the ground and smashes its head into a rock.

A walker sneaks up behind me but, I do a back walkover and land on its back. I hit its head with the bottom of my katana until it falls dead, for good.

"Kar lets go!" Daryl yells

I jump from the ground and hop into the bed of the truck.

Glenn gives Daryl that 'did you really just...' look. So Daryl rolls his eyes. I tap the side of the truck, signaling Hershel we're all in the car.

The rest of the day was really boring. I wanted to look around the prison for emergency escape routes and breaches in the prison, where they can attack from the inside. I didn't get to it though, Rick told me to keep watch tonight just in case.

Daryl came through the door. He looked upset and mad.

"Daryl are yo-"

He pushes me out of the way. I jerk back at the push but stand up tall. Beth saw everything. I look over at her and let out a deep sigh through my nose, almost sounding like a bull. At that point Beth knew, we were never going to get along.

-next morning-

"Gonna check for breaches, escape routes and extra supplies throughout the rest of the prison."

Before he can even respond, I hear a truck roll up to the gate. Rick still didn't hear it.

"Get everyone ready, we're under attack," I tell him

Then an explosion is heard.

I run through the corridor and round up some walkers. I lock them in a cell.

Then I find another walker. I bash its head in. I chop up its insides. Blood and guts flying around. I take an old sheet and cover it with blood and guts. I take the bloody cape and put it on me. I put extra guts on my pants. Then I walk up to a walker. It is oblivious to my presence.

I take out some smoke bombs. I hook them to my belt. Gather more walkers and put them in another cell. I told Daryl that when he hears a bomb go off, turn on the alarm.

I listen as they quietly creep through the corridor. Their guns are raised and their defenses are up. They're not really prepared. I sit back and wait for them to get closer. Then I open the cell door. Walkers flood past me, I throw a smoke bomb at the crowd of people.

Then, the alarm blares throughout the prison. I run to the other cells, flinging open the door and running. I sprint all the way to the boiler room, where Daryl is.

He looks at me and knows what to do. He shuts the entrance door. I pull off my 'walker coat' and open a cabinet, pulling out automatics. We each take two.

With a nod of the head, we leave the boiler room and go to one of the gun stations we set up. Daryl takes the right wing and I take the upper wing. I climb an extra ladder I added, in order to get to the roof.

My gun slamming against my back as I race up the ladder. I slam the trap door shut and load my gun. I fire at anything, missing most times. I'm pretty sure I hit a man's leg and arm. It's hard to spot up here.

I lay down on my stomach and steady my gun. A bullet nearly misses my head. I jerk my head to the left to avoid it, letting out a sigh of relief when it misses.

I watch as they all retreat. Two cars remain, their tires popped, thanks to Michonne's idea. I use a nearby flagpole to slide down like a fireman, to regroup. We all meet at the front of the building.

"We did it. We drove them out." Rick says

"We should go after them," Michonne suggests

"We should finish it," Daryl says

"It is finished. Didn't you see them hightail out of here?" Maggie argues

"They could regroup,"Michonne says

"We can't take the chance, he's not gonna stop," Glenn says

"Most of them are injured. I saw them." I say

"They're right. We can't keep living like this." Carol says

"So we take the flight back to Woodbury. We barely made it back last time." Maggie argues

"I don't care," Daryl says

"Let's check on the others," Rick suggests

We all start walking inside. Beth, Hershel, Judith, and Carl all stayed outside the prison, so they didn't get hurt by the Governor. they stayed away from it and hid in the woods.

As we walk in, Beth enters the room with Judith. I walk over to a table and put my extra gun down.

I walk up to Rick.

"I'm going to follow them, see what they do," I tell Rick, talking about the governor

"No, we need you here."

"Why? If they try to come back, I can slow them down."

He looks over at Daryl who is shaking his head no. Rick let's out a sigh.

"Ok. But tell us everything. Have your radio on."

"Same with you," I tell him

I grab my gun and make sure my katanas are on tight. I walk out of the prison, the cold air hitting me like a polar blast. I take off running, down the same path the governor went, tracking the car tracks.

I run faster and faster, as I feel as if I'm catching up. Then I hear faint yelling.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! WE HAVE TO DIG IN." the governor yells

I slow my pace and quiet my steps.

"It's not worth it!"

"That was a slaughter!"

"You bunch of pussies!"

"I told you we should have handled this ourselves."

"Were done fighting for a hole with a half a dozen psychopaths living in it. They can keep it."

"You've seen what they've done, attacked us."

The people continue complaining about us. How we were dangerous and that they don't want to fight.

They stopped in the middle of the road and all of the people are standing outside their cars.

I pay attention to the governor's body language. He's agitated, mad, he wants revenge. His breathing is heavy.

Then he pulls out his gun and starts shooting everyone. They fall to the ground, some without head injuries.

He keeps only two men alive.

Then he walks over to the dead bodies and shoots them in the head. I notice a girl hiding under a dead body. She is alive.

When the governor goes to shoot the guy on top of her, his gun is already empty.

'Lucky little bitch.' I think

He gets in his car and motions for his men to get in. Only two. They hesitate but do so. They drive off down the road, as fast as possible.