76 || Start to Finish pt.2

Me Rick and Michonne drag walkers up the stairs.

"We're gonna need bed sheets enough for everyone."

"Gabriel, I put them in the hallway on the floor," I tell Gabriel.

"Wait, for what?" Jessie asks

"We all go to the armory."

"How?"

"We're gonna gut these things," I tell her

"Spread the insides on ourselves. It will mask our smell, make them think we're like them."

"He's done it before, so have I," I tell her

"We stay calm, we don't draw attention, we can move right through them."

"They're in the house, they're making noise. More are coming." Michonne tells them.

Rick and Michonne cut the walkers open.

"Anyone who stays here is gonna die," Rick says

"What about Deanna?" Gabriel asks

No one answers and Rick and Michonne start pulling guts out of the walkers. Michonne lets me take over as she goes to check on Deanna.

I start smothering guts on sheets and cutting a head hole for the people who wear them. I drench everyone in rotten blood and guts.

I take my own sheet and smother it just like I did at terminus.

-time skip-

I put my katana in my hand. And get ready to go outside. I make sure my guns are loaded and I creep past the couch behind Rick. We make our way through the walkers.

Six gunshots are heard from upstairs as we leave the house. Then a battle cry.

We stand on the front porch ready to go out into the walker-filled streets. We all link hands and walk in a line through the walkers.

"Mom?" Sam asks

"Mom?" He repeats

"Mom!" He says louder

I want to tell him to shut up so badly.

We slowly march through the walkers, trying not to be seen.

I hold my katana in my hand underneath the sheets.

We walk to the side of the pond away from the walkers.

"All right, new plan. Flares from the new gun aren't enough. Too many walkers too spread out. We're not going to the armory. We need our vehicles back at the quarry. All of us drive. Well, need to round 'em up. We leave, we come back." Rick says

"Okay." Jessie says "But Judith, to the guard and back, I..."

"I'll take her." Morgan says "keep her safe in my church until you all lead the walkers away."

"Can you do this?" Michonne asks

"I'm supposed to. I have to." He answers. "I will." He says to Rick

Carl gives Gabriel Judith and he puts her under the bloody sheets.

"Take Sam," Jessie says

"No." He refuses.

"Yes, Sam, it will be safer."

"I'm not leaving you."

I ignore the rest of their conversation and turn to the walkers crawling in the streets. Gabriel slowly makes his way to the church as we get ready to go.