05 || Highway to Hell

We were all riding down the high way. Daryl and I are both on motorcycles and everyone else was in their cars. We were riding in the front. It was a nice ride until we encountered a road block. Daryl circled back to the RV while I went ahead and looked for a way through. Once I found a way, I looked back at Daryl who was looking my way. I sent him a nod and he told Dale to follow us.

Weaving through cars was pretty dangerous. The doors of cars were open, some were missing parts and others had walkers in them. I came to a stop once I heard the RV break down. I looked ahead in search for a way out still. I looked over at Daryl to find him getting off his motorcycle so I did the same.

I walk over as Daryl starts rummaging through a car trunk.

"Can't find a radiator hose here..." Shane says

"There's a whole bunch of things you can find." Daryl says back.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start." T-dog says agreeing with Daryl.

"Maybe some water, food..." people start listing things we need.

"This is a grave yard..." Lori says out of the blue

"...this, this is a gold mine." I say.

Some people look at me and nod their heads saying they agree. Others don't look too sure.

"Come on y'all, look around, gather what ya can." Shane approves

Nodding, I walk off to search for things we need. I stay close to the moms and kids in case they need help. I look through windows and stab walkers, checking glove compartments, trunks and even their pockets to make sure I don't miss anything.

After clearing some cars I walk down by T-dog and Daryl. I check some more cars. One car was loaded. It had matches, lighters, tape, batteries, a half full first aid kit, and a bunch of knives.

As I move onto a new car, I get a tick in my neck. This always happens when something bad is about to happen. I start to jog back to the kids but a hand flies over my mouth and I am pulled to the ground. I grab the hand and turn my self around. I'm met face to face with Daryl.

"Get under the car. Now!" He whispers

"I gotta help, what's going on?" I argue

"You can help by stayin alive." he says back and pushes me under a car.

Once he jogs away I army crawl under cars not making a sound and not being seen. I crawl under a car that's right in front of Sophia. I look at her face and see that she is in full panic. She is about to cry. I can't get her attention to calm her down. Looking around, I see possibly a hundred walkers. I could handle it but it might take a while so, I let them pass.

What seems like forever goes by the walkers pass. As soon as what looks like no walkers are left we start to get up. I hear a scream and instantly jump from under the car. Sophia soon bolts into the woods with two walkers hot on her tail. Without waisting time I chase after her.

Catching up to one I stab it in the head. I continue looking for her with my knife clenched in my hand. Soon I catch a glimpse of her faded, blue shirt. Full force, I sprint towards her. Taking out my katana, I jump and slice the walker in two. My breath is heavy and so is hers. As soon as I stand to my full height I am engulfed in a hug. I pick her up and start to walk back to the group.

" You al'ight?" I ask her.

She replies with a small nod. We keep walking for what seems like forever. I look at her and get a good look at her face. She's covered and mud and dirt. I bet I am too.

We keep walking until we hear faint voices. I look up and see the road. As soon as we touch the asphalt Sophia runs to her Mom. Everyone soon is flushed with relieved looks.