60 || Again

"We look not at what can be seen, but we look at what cannot be seen."

We sit on the side of the road. All crying as we have a funeral for Beth.

"For What can be seen is temporary... but what cannot be seen is eternal."

I sit by the grave, curled in a ball away from everyone.

"For we know if the earthly tent is destroyed we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens" Gabriel finishes

Rick explains where Beth wanted to go with Noah. I sit on the other side of the car, not
listening.

I feel so weak. So venerable.

"Come on," Daryl says softly

He too is upset. But he's getting over it better than I am. He grabs my hand and helps me up.

Once I'm up he rubs my back, comfortingly.

Then I realize how selfish I'm being.

I'm not the only one who lost her.

Daryl did, Maggie, Rick, Carol, Tyreese, Glenn, Sasha.

Everyone

-time skip-

I sit in the car, not listening to anything. I just stare out the window. I'm sitting next to Glenn, on our way to Noah's old camp.

I jump out of my thoughts when Glenn breaks a CD. I physically get scared and pull my arms up to my chest

I look over and he looks at me. We both smile and laugh. I guess he saw me jump.

-time skip-

We get out of the car and hide it in a nearby car wreak.

We pass a dead body that has been turned into nothing but a pile of bones.

Then we have to cross a barb-wired barrier. We climb through the wires carefully, trying not to get hurt. But sure enough, Noah cuts his forehead.

"Ow," Noah says

"You alright?" Rick asks

"Yeah. Yeah." He says touching the place he cut

We continue walking through the woods. I watch my step for any traps.

"They have spotters? Snipers?" Rick asks

"We built a perch on the truck. Sometimes it's out front."

Glenn looks through the bushes and checks the building.

"Not today." He says

We walk up to the gates but it's locked. Noah tries opening the gates but it's chained from the other side.

"I got it," I say

I walk to the side of the gate and climb the wall. I stand on one of the pillars and look over. Nothingness scatters the streets.

'They're all dead?' I think to myself

I look over at Noah and slowly shake my head. He looks at me with disbelief and climbs the other side, looking over at the deserted streets.

I jump over the fence and everyone follows me. I follow Noah as he picks up the pace and starts running.

"Noah!" I call after him.

Walkers notice our presence and start walking over. Noah drops onto the floor crying.

I look around and see that the houses are burned.