95 || The damned

I rest in my tree, mud smeared across my face. Everything is different now. Everything has changed from the beginning. I chuckle, looking back on how I was in the beginning. I would give everything to go back, to be free, to live my life a better way.

...No.

I wouldn't give up my life now. I can't. I've made it this far. I promised I'd stand by Rick's side until I die. I promised. I hate making promises but I did. And I'll keep it. I'll try my hardest. I can and I will.

I've I can't stop now, I won't. I have to keep going.

..

I look out as the sun rises over the hills. I finish off my apple and toss it far into the woods.

I climb down from my tree and smear some more mud over my cheeks, giving myself cover. A watch as the cars speed into the gate and to the next station.

"Here we go," I tell myself, grabbing my sniper.

I leap into the back of a truck and they bring me inside the gate and right to the front.

Outside sits over a dozen people. They just sit there, not expecting anything.

The man who drives the car reaches back and hands me an automatic gun. I smile, taking it and leaning over the barricade that blocks me from the sight of the enemy.

We speed towards them and I begin to rapid fire,
Hitting anything I can as they all run for cover. They all use the small gap in the metal wall on the car to shoot at anyone.

112

113

114

115

116

We begin to get out of our cars and continue to push our way towards the building.

Pain.

It's all I can feel.

Why?

I... I don't know.

All I remember is...

"Spread out!" I shout to everyone. "Watch for breaches! We keep 'em locked in, they got bigger problems than us."

I laugh evilly as I run from the firing and to the next post, where the weapons are hidden. All of them. My feet gently tap against the concrete. I grip onto the sniper in my arms and make it to the tree line, watching two guards stand in front of the doors.

I watch them like a lion watches their prey. I suck in a quick breath, shooting them both quickly. Their blood sprays on the doors and their drop.

117

118

Rick, Daryl, and a few others march into the building, Rick yet again ignoring my presence. To him, I'm becoming a ghost. I growl to myself, brushing off my anger and make my way inside.

I quietly work my way through the building. I never realized how toxic people are into now. What can I say, I am too but it's okay.

My steps are pure caution, I listen as the others make their way around the building, I listen for their steps and hear Rick and Daryl.

I slowly and quietly make my way to them.

"Guys," I call, from around the corner

"Karma?" Daryl asks

I move around the corner and look them with a smile. Rick, for once, acknowledges my presence. Daryl pulls me into a hug. From over Daryl's shoulder, I look at Rick, wanting so badly to yell at him for not letting me kill Negan when I had the chance.