14 || Little conversations

-previously on The Walking Dead -

Karma is squatting behind the counter in the bar as two unknown men walk into the bar. Rick, Glenn, and Hershel are sitting there in plain sight.

"Son of a bitch they're alive." A strange man says

-present-

I hear them sit down and pour drinks.

"I'm Dave and that scrawny looking douche bag over there is Tony."

"Eat me, Dave," Tony says

"Hey, maybe someday I will. We met on I-95 coming out of Philly. Damn shit show that was." 'Dave' says

"I'm Glenn nice to meet new people."

I want to punch Glenn so hard right now. They could be trying to kill us!

"Rick Grimes."

RICK TOO?! It goes silent for a minute

"How 'bout you pall, have one?"

"Just quit," Hershel says

They must be talking about drinks

"You've got a unique sense of timing, my friend."

"His names Hershel he lost people today. A lot of them."

"I'm truly sorry to hear that. To better days and new friends. And to our dead- may they be in a better place."

It goes silent. Then I hear light tapping. As if someone is handling a gun.

"Not bad huh? Got it off a cop." Dave says

"I'm a cop," Rick says

"Yeah well, this one was already dead."

Silence again. The air seems tense.

"You fellas are a long way from Philadelphia ."

"Feels like we're a long way from anywhere!" Tony says.

"Well, what drove you south?" Rick asks

"Well, I could tell you it wasn't the weather. I must have dropped 30 pounds in sweat alone down here."

"I wish," Tony says

"No first it was D.C. I heard there might be some kind of refugee camp. But the roads were so jammed, we never even got close. We decided to get off the highways, into the sticks, keep hauling ass. Every camp had a new rumor 'bout a new way outa this thing."

I ignore the rest of the conversation. I have to find another way outa here. I look at the front door. Shoot one guy, then bolt. Could attract walkers. I crawl away from the front door. There's a small back door. Probably a storage room that leads out back by the dumpsters. There's no clean way out of this.

Things start to get intense when everyone starts yelling I take out my katana and get ready to attack. Tony starts yelling something about shooting my people. Dave calms everyone down and jumps on the counter.

Shit.

He spots me.

"What the hell-"