84 || Sweet escape

They leave the room, leaving me and Carol alone. I take out my knife and tear the tapes apart. I help Carol with hers and we get up.

"Go get Maggie," I order

I give her a big hug and go off on the other side of the building.

I run around, stabbing as many walkers as I can. I look for any way to get out.

Gunshots echo from the other side of the building.

I run towards the sound, fearing what happened to Maggie and Carol. It seems the hallways get longer and longer.

I turn the corner to see the third girl cut Maggie's stomach. I run up to her and stab her in the head.

87

Something inside me churns as I think of that number.

We turn the corner and there sits Paula on the ground.

Carol's goes over with her gun, ready to shoot her. Paula knocks the gun out of her hands and starts to strangle Carol.

I separate them and throw Paula into a rusty pipe. It impales her stomach and a walker tears at her face.

88

I start to feel sick as the number grows.

"Paula, we're approaching the perimeter. Are we a go?" Paula's walkie-talkie says

Carol takes the walkie-talkie and speaks through it.

"Meet us on the kill floor." She says impersonating Paula.

-time skip-

"I think I might have killed 18 people. 20. I should have killed Donnie, too, in the woods. I had a clear shot. I didn't miss. None of this woulda happened if I just killed him." Carol says

"Don't think about it," I tell her

"I can't stop."

"We're almost done," Maggie reassures

Footsteps pass the door. Maggie reaches out and closes it a little bit. We poured gasoline into the room where they are.

Carol jumps out and slams the separating door shut. She throws her cigarette in there and the people slowly burn.

We walk away from the room and pass the hallways. Where we killed the third woman, where we killed Paula. As we pass I kill all the walkers. I stomp on their heads and stab them.

We walk to the exit of the building. As soon as the door opens, there stands everyone with their guns.

"Are you ok?" Daryl asks me rushing up to me and Carol

"Yeah."

"We got your trail. You start a fire?" He asks

"Yeah," I say uneasily

"Hey, you good?" He says placing his hand under my chin and making me face him.

"No," I say as I pull my head away from his hand.

"Come here." He says pulling me in for a hug.

We pull apart and he kisses the top of my head. He hugs Carol and we listen to Rick.

"You're friends are dead. No ones coming for ya. So you might as well talk." Rick says

"Let him burn," Daryl says

"I'm gonna ask you one last time... how'd you get the bike?"

"We found it." The man says

"Like hell you did," Daryl says

"We found it."

"Was Negan in that building last night or was he here?" Rick says getting in his face

"Both. I'm Negan, shithead. Now there's a whole world of fun that we can talk about, so let's have a chat."

"I'm sorry it had to come to this," Rick says as he holds his gun up the man and shoots him

I jump.

I stare at the body as it drops lifelessly to the ground. I squeeze my knife until blood drips from my hand.

I can't kill anymore.