97 || A Plan

The ride home was a lot less peaceful than I expected. On your way back, we find a car carrying guns.

Daryl speeds after them with me on the back, my automatic gun in hand ready to fire. Rick follows us close behind. The man spots us in the rear view mirror and I watch as he glares back at us.

I hide behind Daryl's large figure so hopefully he can't see me.

"Hang on." Daryl says as he speed up.

I fire over his shoulder and break the mirror in the van in front of us. The trunk of the car drops, revealing a man with a large caliber gun.

He shoots the tire and we swerve to the right and off to the side.

I jump off of the bike and pull Daryl with me so we don't get hurt. The bike swerved into the grass off the side of the road.

Rick speeds forward, trying to tag the car. I rush over and grab the bike, tracking through the high grass as Daryl recovers from the fall. I wheel the bike up the mountain and lift Daryl to his feet.

"Come on." I tell him as we both climb on and he sits in front of me.

Daryl wastes no time to start speeding off again,
coming up behind Rick.

Rick swerves from left to right, trying to avoid the bullets fired at him and the zombies lingering in the road.

Finally, Rick swerves to the side and I get a clear shot of the man holding the gun. A bullet is planted into his head and he falls off of the car, rolling down the road.

I watch intently as Rick speeds up beside the man and leaps into the car, trying to knock him off the road.

They wrestle in the front seat. Rick throws the man from the wheel and swerves off the road and into a ditch.

Daryl puddles over and runs to him.

"Kar, go check on that guy." Daryl orders as he runs over to help Rick

I nod hesitantly, walking over to the man with one of my pistols ready. Blood pools out of his stomach from a knife lodged into it.

He tries to inch away, dragging his body off the road.

"Your people back in the chemical plant..." I say, "did you win?"

He rolls over, facing me.

"No one did." He says

"The hell is that supposed to mean?" As growl, crouching down, resting my elbows on my knees

I cock my gun and hold it to his face. "I won't ask twice."

"Everyone's dead."

"Bullshit. You're the only one?"

"Me. The king. The Axe man. And a short-haired psycho lady. You did this. My people...your people...they're all gone."

I watch as he sits there in pain, holding his stomach as blood spills over his shirt and out of his mouth. The rotting smell of iron fills my lungs and I scrunch my nose in disgust.

"And now...me too." He says, his head rolls to the side as he finally falls limp

I sigh, standing up and looking into the woods, ignoring Rick mad Daryl's conversation. The woods are quiet and calming. I miss being there, running around and not needing to worry about anyone.

I absentmindedly walk closer to the woods, feeling a cool breeze brush across my face. My ears twitch towards a sound and I'm trying not to get drawn to it.

I listen to the sound of the woods, the calming breeze and the leaves rustling.

Finally I give into the sound, turning around at watching Rick and Daryl try to practically kill each other.

"Are you kidding me?!" I shout as it take off towards the two

I rip the two apart, grabbing the back of either of their shirts and pushing the two back.

I watch as the car beside us starts to catch fire.

"Run!" I shout, pulling them away

The car burst into flames and smoke rises to the sky. The flames reach for the sky, trying to lick the clouds.

Rick and Daryl sit on the ground and watch the flames in pure disappointment. I stand I front of the two, pacing back and forth, lecturing them about their stupidity.

Rick look at me to say something. I stop him immediately.

"Get in the damn car!" I shout at them. Both of them get up and march up the side of the road and to the car.

Rick tried to start the car but it won't. Daryl pulls up on his motorcycle, stopping by him.

"There's a plan. We gotta see it through." Rick says, grabbing a gun out of the back of the car

"We gotta win." Daryl says

"Yeah, we gotta. Choke hold's illegal, asshole." Rick says

"Mm-hmm. Yes it is." Daryl says

Daryl was not happy with Rick. He hates it when he doesn't get his way, I would know. He threw a tantrum back at the prison when I wouldn't go with him. But he always comes around.

"Looks like I'm walking." Rick says

"Yep! Let's go, Kar." Daryl says, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the motorcycle with him

"I'll meet you when I'm done with the last play." Rick says

"Are you sure about doing it?" I ask Rick

"Yeah, I am."

Daryl speeds off in the other direction as Rick. I sigh and watch as the trees speed by. I want to be free and live like I did before I met them. I want to live alone where I don't have to worry about anyone anymore. I miss the thrill of being in danger at every second.