09 || Friends

Previously on The Walking Dead,

"YOUR HURT AND THE LAST THING WE NEED IS FOR YOU TO DRAG THIS GROUP DOWN!!" Daryl yells

"I GOING OUT THERE TO HELP THE GROUP!" I yell back

"WELL, IT WOULD BE MORE HELPFUL IF YOU HELPED LOOK FOR THAT LITTLE GIRL!!!" Daryl screams. His face was bright red at this point.

"Sophia? She's missing? I thought..."

"She ran away again after you got shot," Rick says

Shit.

-time skip-

Rick and I are leaning on Daryl's old truck discussing Sophia. Rick tell me everything, from which way she ran and why.

"I'll get ready to go looking early tomorrow," I say

Rick nods and I walk away from the truck and head towards the house. A blonde girl comes up to me.

"Hi, I'm Beth. Your Karma right?"

I freeze. How does she know my name?

"How do you know my name..." I growl

"Rick told us, it was on your tag."

My tag? I pull out my stupid label thing I made when I was a kid.

"This?"

"Yeah! That's how Rick found out your blood type too." Beth says

We both stand there. She doesn't seem like the kind to be able to fight very well.

"Hey, want to go inside?" She asks

"....sure, whatever."

She smiles and walks into the house as fast as she can. She leads me up the stairs and into what seems like her room. She sits down and gestures to a spot next to her. I sit.

"So do you like anyone?"

I was taken aback by this.

"W-what?" I stutter

"You seem to like that redneck guy. You guys are very similar you know."

I blush a crimson red. Do people actually think I like him?! Oh god...

"People think that?" I ask

"Think what?" She asks confused

"Ugh....never mind...you have a boyfriend, right? How're things going with him?" I try to change the subject.

"I don't know. I don't really feel interested in him anymore."

"Why do you want to have a boyfriend in the first place? Love will only slow you down. When he dies you will grieve and that is going to slow not only you but your family down."

She looks as if she is torn between two things. She doesn't look upset by what I said but looks like she is actually taking consideration of what I said.