*Chapter 1*

Ingrid's POV

I board the Hogwarts express again for the fifth time, greeted by the smell of smoke and animals. My rat Almeric was squirming in my hands and I stumbled through the corridors looking for an empty carriage or my friend Katie Bell. I had gone past at least ten carriages full to the brim with people until I found a lone Katie staring out of the window.

I decided that I was going to scare her being the bitch I am. Many people thought it was quite odd for a fifth year to be best friends with a second-year but I couldn't care less. I carefully slid the door open and tiptoed up to her, placing Almeric on her head. Almeric started to sniff her head and his whiskers tickled her scalp.

Before I knew it Katie let out a large screech, her face as pale as snow. I couldn't help but laugh at my terrified friend and sat down across from her, taking Almeric off her head. She gave a fake glare and looked at Almeric with disgust. She finally spoke up after a few minutes of glaring. "Hey Ingrid, what was that for?" I giggled and shrugged my shoulders. Out of the blue, I ask "Trying out for Quidditch this year?" Katie nodded "Yeah, Chaser I think..." I smile. "You know, I know that you only brought that up so you could show off!" She smirked. "About what, may I ask?" I say with a cheeky grin on my face. "You are the new Quidditch Captain!" She squealed excitedly but managed to keep an annoyed look on her face.

I smiled and contemplated one of my dreams. I couldn't believe it when my letter came telling me that I had become the Captain of the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. However, I did contemplate that I was going to have to study a lot harder this year as I was going to be constantly busy; this was due to me being captain. I understood that I was going to have to choose the whole Ravenclaw team and organise practices. Other than the excitement I felt a whole lot of pressure.

After talking about Quidditch the train had almost arrived at Hogwarts, this meant that we had to change into our robes. We changed into our robes and I pinned on the small blue badge I had received. I grimaced at Katie and exclaimed "Time for another year. You ready?" Katie nodded and we climbed off the Hogwarts express, watching the petrified first years follow Hagrid.

Katie and I grab the items we didn't decide to store and I grabbed Almeric. We clambered onto the carriages that magically pulled themselves, and had a small chat before the carriage pulled up near the Hogwarts entrance. We clamber off and walk into the great hall, I spot the Ravenclaw table and waved goodbye to Katie. I went and sat next to my friend Penelope Clearwater and she started to chat about her Prefect badge. After a few minutes of rambling, I showed her my badge and she congratulated me.

We were interrupted when it was announced that the first years were to be sorted. The sorting hat sang a song about the houses the first years were sorted. Harry Potter arrived this year and that excited many people. Unfortunately, he wasn't sorted into Ravenclaw but Gryffindor. When the final child was sorted I dug into a pile of cooked pasta that looked and tasted delicious. Dumbledore made his usual speech, the speech that he says every year, and dismissed us to our common rooms.

I waited behind a little and spotted Katie. I ran up to her and she told me to meet her near the Quidditch pitch tomorrow after lessons. I smiled, nodded and walked up to Ravenclaw Tower. Most people had already entered leaving me to figure out the riddle.

The bronze, eagle-shaped doorknob spoke:

"For you, for anyone, and anywhere you'd want,
The result of my usage stays immobile and waiting,
My task is pretty simple, yet beware,
A mistake would last a lifetime, so keep concentrating."

My thoughts immediately went to the word Everlasting due to the word lifetime. It started to think of useful items that gave simple tasks. I then thought back to last year when Katie bought Everlasting Ink. She made a mistake as she wasn't concentrating and it was immovable. That was my answer.

"Everlasting Ink" I spoke proudly.

"Correct." The door spoke. It opened and a large creaking sound erupted. Penelope was sat on a small armchair and was looking at me in disbelief. "You are supposed to be a role model you know that right?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. "I wasn't that late it just took some time to figure out the riddle," She nodded and went back to reading a muggle book that looked to be about romance. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to climb the stairs up to my dorm.

I entered to see many of my dorm-mates reading books or unpacking their bags. I smiled, nothing unusual was happening. I unpacked my bags and climbed into my bed. I stared up into the ceiling, hoping soon that the tryouts would be allowed to commence.