*Chapter 6*

Ingrid's POV

I was sweating nervously, I always did this right before any Quidditch match but this was my first match as Captain of the team. I looked around at my carefully selected teammates and noticed all of the reserves in their robes also.

"Can the reserves sit on the benches please," I asked kindly. I watch as Daniel, Lyric and Dakota, Esther and Nathan walk out of the changing room and out to sit on the benches next to the Quidditch pitch.

I beckoned in the rest of the team and braced myself. "Right, all I want you to do is try your best out there," I started "But I also want you to prove to the Gryffindor Quidditch team that we can kick ass!"

Everyone nodded, determined looks on their faces. We all looked at each other and got in line. We were then announced and we all clambered onto our brooms and flew out. I flew down to Madam Hooch and shook hands with the Hufflepuff Captain Bailey Hunter. She also looked as determined as I, maybe because Marcus Flint had been bullying her team again.

I flew back and watched as the balls were released. I flew around frantically trying to spot a glimpse of the golden snitch. I saw the Hufflepuff seeker Eric Douglas scouring the Quidditch pitch. I heard a noise indicating that a team had scored. My glimpse went to Vance Halford who was celebrating before glueing his eyes back in the game.

I noticed a shimmer of gold and dived towards it and heard another goal. I saw the snitch and it zoomed away, I was hot on its tail. Not far behind me was Eric and I sped up a little, I then reached my hand out and grasped for it but it made a rapid turn and I lost it.

I turned and looked at the scores once again 70-60 to Hufflepuff. I must have been so focused on getting the snitch I hadn't noticed. My eyes turned back to where the snitch had once been and I flew around once again overlooked the pitch. I noticed it again a flew full speed towards the glimmer.

It sped off but I wasn't giving up that easily and I reached out my hand and caught it. The match was stopped and we won 210-120. I smiled at my team and we turned to the Ravenclaw's and bowed comically.

After the match had finished I changed back into my clothes I was walking back up to the castle when I bashed into someone.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed.

"It's no problem!" He replied. I recognised that voice and when I looked up I saw the annoying face of Oliver Wood.

"Nevermind..." I mutter.

He smirks, "I thought that your team was supposed to be good!"

"Don't even talk to me, our team won!" I reply with anger.

"Only because you caught the snitch." He states "What was Quigley doing?"

"Throwing the quaffle?" I say.

"Also getting tackled at every turn!" He smirks "By Hufflepuff!"

"Wipe that stupid grin off your face Wood!" I spat "We won and it was our first match!"

I push past him and start climbing up the steps.

"You were good though!" He yelled, "Harry's got some competition."

I stop in confusion, a compliment. A compliment from Oliver Wood, extremely rare.

I turn around to see Oliver smiling, a genuine smile. I scoff and start climbing the stairs once again.

This is extremely weird, Oliver usually insults me not compliment me! I think I'm dreaming and I'm not sure if I want to wake up, it was nice for once. I do think it was a joke though, what else would it be, he couldn't be being generally nice? No, that was way out of character.

I clamber up the stairs up to the Ravenclaw tower and realise I was going to have to answer a riddle. Sometimes I hate being in Ravenclaw.

The door spoke:

I'm a well-respected character from a very ancient house.
You'll jump when first you see me, though I wouldn't hurt a mouse.
If somebody had been a bit more careful when he chopped,
My social life would be improved, just when it should have stopped.
Who am I?

I thanked the world that this was easy. It was obviously nearly headless Nick, you know with the head-chopping thing.

"Nearly Headless Nick"

The door opened and I entered and fell into a dreamless sleep on the sofa.