*Chapter 12*

Ingrid's POV

Why am I alive? I can't believe I just did that!

After I admitted to myself that I liked Oliver I actually can't speak to him without having a mental breakdown. Yesterday he asked me in Herbology for the Clippers and I stammered tremendously before handing him a pair of scissors. No normal person would do that! I am turning into a nervous wreck, over a boy! A boy who plays Quidditch! What is wrong with me!

I have come with a solution and it is pretty simple but I know that it will be effective. All I need to do is completely ignore him. It is that simple, the other option is to ask Katie to erase my memory but that is way too risky. Who knows what memories she will erase?

After I come to my conclusion I decide that I would go and study by the black lake as it was a nice day today. I shuffle down the steps and walk towards the lake that is filled with mystery (and a giant squid) and I sit on a tree stump. I start reading about advanced charms and before you know it, it has been three hours!

I am about to leave when I see the familiar boy I can't be normal around, jogging down the steps. He spots me and sprints over before collapsing in exhaustion, panting heavily.

"Hi...?" I say confused.
"Hi, Ingrid! I need to ask you a favour since we're friends and that!" He smiles.
"Uh, go ahead!" I mumble.
"I need help with my History of Magic revision work!" He tells me "I just don't get it at all!"
"What do you want me to do about it?" I ask.
"Would it be all right if you could tutor me?" He questions.

Now I don't know what was running through my mind when I said this but next thing I know, I am blurting out: "Sure! What date?"
"Can we do it next week, every Wednesday?" He asks politely.
"Yeah, sure," I smile, immediately regretting my decisions.
"Well, I've got to go!" He said cheerfully "See you soon!" And with that, he walks off.

I breathe again, I need to talk to Katie!

I walk once again to the Gryffindor common room and wait until someone needs to leave, so I can enter. I stand there for five minutes until the portrait violently swings open. A fourth-year was stood there and he looked at me with a confused expression.

"I've come to see Katie!" I explain.
"Oh, just go straight in, she's sat on one of the sofas!" I directed me.

I follow his orders, thanking him as I climb through the portrait hole. Sure enough, there was Katie sitting on the red sofa with a muggle book. The book looked to be a romantic one, so I immediately hadn't read it. I tiptoe over to Katie and whisper in her ear "Boo!"

Katie jolts quickly before turning to me in anger and rolling her eyes. She folds the page and closes the book before turning to me in disbelief.

"What now?" She asked.
"I have gotten myself into the biggest pile of horse shit!" I exclaim.
"Well, explain!" She pushed me to carry on.
"I finally accepted my feeling for Oliver and I keep embarrassing myself around him," I explain "So I decided to not talk to him but as soon as that happens he finds me asks me to tutor him in History of Magic!"
"You said yes didn't you!" Katie smirked.
I nod and Katie started laughing loudly. She smiles "Now you'll know what I go through with crushes!"
I collapse into the red sofa and look at her with despair.
"It's okay!" Katie reassures me "I'll prepare you and be a good friend!"
"Thanks!" I mumble, regretting life choices.

I'm starting to feel more and more sorry for Katie as I remember her telling me about a boy she liked last year, now I know her pain. I was extremely lucky to have a friend like Katie, she always knew what to say and what to do. The only problem now is how I am going to die next Wednesday!