*Chapter 3*

Ingrid's POV

It's been a few weeks since I, unfortunately, met Oliver Wood. We had both been glaring at each other ever since and I was starting to get even more annoyed with him than I already was. Today was the day I was holding the Ravenclaw Quidditch trials. I had made it known throughout the Ravenclaws and had got down to the Quidditch pitch ten minutes early.

I held my broom in my hand and watched as many Ravenclaws were walking down the steps. There were many different types of people walking down the steps. However, there was an overwhelmingly large amount of First Years walking down too. I knew from this moment on it was going to be a long practice.

I grabbed a few brooms from the cupboard and yelled: "Anyone who does not have a broom come and get one now!"

Unsurprisingly all the first years came and grabbed one. I started off by asking everyone to command their broom "up." I was doing this in steps. Many of the first years could not get their broom up so I asked them to leave and try again next year. I then asked everyone to fly a lap around the Quidditch pitch and asking the ones behind to leave also.

I was left with around half of the people who came. I then split everyone into groups. Those who wanted to be beaters were up first. I watched intently as they picked up the beaters bats and waited for the bludgers to be released. After ten seconds I released them and watched them beat the bludgers in various directions.

Three people stood out to me and I had to decide which one of them was going to be the reserve beater. I eventually decided on a large, burly girl named Allison Rafferty and a thin-looking boy with amazing control named Clinton Showell as my two main beaters. The reserve was going to be Daniel Mccrrudden who had a powerful arm but wasn't very observant.

I broke the news to the beaters and asked the players to sit at the side.

I did the same with the Chasers. I ended up with Vance Halford, Sydney Beamish and Harold Quigley as my main chasers. My reserve chasers were Lyric and Dakota Wong who were pretty annoyed that they weren't the main chasers but they thought that it was better than not being a chaser at all.

Next was the Keeper position. They were all pretty enthusiastic and I ended up choosing Finn Murphy who is an incredible keeper but seems to flirt with me consistently. My reserve was a girl named Esther Nisbet who seemed to have some anger issues but was a great keeper.

There were a few people who had come to try out for seekers. I told them that there was only a position for a reserve. A few people left after that but I still got my seeker, Nathan Bolan. I told them all the dates of practice and was about to dismiss them until I saw him once again. Oliver Wood.

"Nice team Ferguson, but Tryouts are supposed to be professionals!" He remarked.

"I'm sorry, but the only professional I see on your team is Katie!" I snap back. "You haven't even seen them play!"

"I think that you should give up," Oliver said cockily.

"And why is that Wood," I ask.

"Gryffindor is practically holding the Quidditch cup." He smirked.

There was a crowd beginning to form. The Ravenclaws forming around me and the Gryffindors around Oliver.

"Yeah, that's what you said last year and what place were you last year?" I asked sarcastically.

He looked at me in a way that could be described as disgust. The Ravenclaws laughed as Oliver went a deep shade of red in anger. The other Gryffindors were staring at us in disbelief and Katie was practically face-palming.

"Why are you even here?" I asked inquisitively.

"To practice, not that we need any..." Oliver once again replied.

I looked at him in disbelief. "Well if you looked at the schedule then you would see that I have booked today." I tried to tell him but then again he didn't seem to care.

"I don't care my team is more important than yours will ever be. Give up now Ferguson!" He snarled. I just couldn't help myself. I punched him right in the nose and he fell to the floor from the impact. "Ingrid!" Katie yelled in shock.

"Miss Ferguson, Mr Wood What are you doing!" A heard a shout. I turned to see Professor McGonagall. Shit.

"What are you doing!" She yelled once again.

"He's barged in our trials!" I told her.

"That is no excuse to hit him!" She exclaimed. "Both of you, to Professor Dumbledore's office now!"

That was it. Because of Oliver's behaviour, I was now going to the Headmasters Office. Not for being good, but for the exact opposite. I was really starting to have feelings for this boy. And these feelings are hate!