*Chapter 28*

Ingrid's POV

I've been spending a lot of time with Oliver recently. I feel that ever since the time in Dumbledore's office, that we were attached at the hip. This meant though that I was spending less and less time with Katie. It was hard being best friends with a girl over three years younger than me. I knew that it would be hard to maintain this friendship but in my fourth year I was so lonely, I couldn't care anymore.

Many people might think that Penelope is my best friend. No, that is untrue. Penelope is merely a friend and that is because she only hangs out with me because her best friend left in my fourth year. We both were shoved together and we just stayed together ever since.

You may be wondering, what could you possibly be doing with Oliver that is more exciting than spending time with Katie. No, we have not had sex... I've been doing things that only a couple can do, with Oliver. I never really talked to boys that much, I mainly repelled them so it was quite new to me. I didn't have many friends either so I didn't understand how to share time with them. That's why Katie got angry.

It started when I decided to walk down to the black lake and just think for a while. I enjoyed skimming stones and sketching images of the lake as the view is amazing. I had fun and spent most of the afternoon to myself. Everyone seemed to be doing something else and I didn't really care. I just liked to have time to myself and no one can take that away from me. Except for Katie apparently.

I was sat on the ground staring at the sky until my view was blocked by a head of brown hair. I knew straight away it was Katie's.

"Hey!" I say cheerily. I smile at her but she doesn't smile back. It was unlike her, she was usually the optimistic friend that gave great advice. It didn't make any sense whatsoever.

"I need to talk to you about something!" She said in a stern manner. I was shocked, Katie had never talked to me in this way before.

"What is it?" I question, completely confused and shocked. As I said, Katie had never said anything like this to me before.

"You shouldn't date Oliver anymore!" She says quickly. I look at her in almost disbelief, it then changed to rage. She had no right to tell me what to do and who to date.

"I can date Oliver if I want to!" I fire back. I defend myself.

"Well, if you date Oliver then you lose me!" She exclaims. I look at her and my eyes widen. Her facial expression doesn't change. It's just the same red, angry face that it had been for the last five minutes.

"You wouldn't..." I say in despair. An emotion quickly reveals itself on Katie's face before it changed to the stern expression once again. That emotion seemed to be some sort of sympathy.

"I can and I will!" Katie says in a powerful voice. I flinch a little. I still can't believe that these words are coming out of her mouth.

"I can't break up with him Katie and I don't want to!" I say and look at her. Her face contorted with pure rage.

"You would choose him, over me!!! You know what, forget it! Don't talk to me again you whore!!!" She screamed at me and then stormed off. The last sentence hurt me. You can call me anything except whore or slut. In my opinion, they're the worst words of the lot.

I decided to give Katie a day to cool down and that maybe she might talk to me and apologise the next day. But I was wrong. I saw Katie walk down the corridor and I waved at her. She completely ignored me. I thought that she maybe hadn't seen me but I smiled at her during lunch, all she did was glare.

I've lost her. My one true friend, my anchor and it was all because of a boy. Maybe I'm not fit for relationships because they always seem to ruin everything...