*Chapter 27*

Ingrid's POV

It seemed like only a week ago that both me and Oliver were walking to Dumbledore's office, grumbling at each other in annoyance. Now, we were both holding each other's hands and consoling each other as we travelled to the same office. It was the same feeling that I had felt a year before and that is panic and fear. I hated being told off, it was one of my worst fears.

We finally got to Professor Dumbledore's office and we wait before we can enter. I start sweating and Oliver notices and squeezes my hand reassuringly, we see Dumbledore and he is stroking Fawkes. I look and realise that he has a neutral expression on his face, this meant that we didn't know how he was going to react. I hoped it wasn't bad.

The portraits were glaring at us in an almost menacing way. They all looked at me, a Ravenclaw, in a disapproving manner but merely rolled their eyes at Oliver. I get it, they're disappointed in me because I'm possibly the smartest in the school and I did something bad on the first day back. That had to be a record.

"It is peculiar to see you both back here," Dumbledore started "But it is also very disappointing!"

I hand my head in shame. Dumbledore continues. "Now, I am all for young love but kissing outside the forbidden forest at eleven at night..." he tried to word his despair "It is unacceptable!"

"I'm very sorry Professor!" I apologise immediately.

"I am too!" Oliver says as well.

"Now, I have to admit that this is a large change of scenery from last time!" Dumbledore grins. He looks at our hands, they are still interlocked. Oliver and I look at each other and smile nervously.

"If I am correct, last time you hated each other!" Dumbledore commented, his mind buried in deep thought.

"Yes, Professor!" We both mutter.

"Ah, now you see," He explained "There is a very thin line between hatred and Love. You can think that you hate someone but you are actually madly in love."

"I don't get you mean, Professor!" I say.

"Hate can grow to Love, and Love can grow to Hate!" He smiled, gesturing to us.

"I think I get it!" Oliver says, his eyebrows furrowed "Did you think that we loved each other?"

"I was not sure!" Dumbledore admitted, "But I know that now I was right!"

I blush rapidly, we had barely been dating for a few months and Dumbledore said that we already loved each other. I think that we are probably moving too fast. I like Oliver, but I'm not in love with him... yet. Love takes years to develop and you can easily mistake love for lust. I guess that we will see as the year goes on.

Almost as if Dumbledore had read my mind, he smiled.

"It is true that Love takes time to develop. But so does hatred." Dumbledore says in a tone that screamed wisdom.

"Right, we are veering off-topic," Dumbledore said in a clear and powerful voice. "Now, Professor Snape sent me a message saying that he had spotted you both kissing each other in deep passion. He says it was outside the Forbidden Forest and he fears that you may have entered! Did you!"

Both me and Oliver looked at each other, we knew that Dumbledore would know if we were lying. I also didn't want to tell a lie so we told the truth.

"We did Professor, we are both so sorry for being extremely stupid!" I rant.

"I do admit that what you both did was incredibly stupid, but most students would not own up to their actions so I will let you both off," Dumbledore says in a strict manner.

I sigh and so does Oliver.

"Your stupidity has lost you both ten points each from your houses!" Dumbledore exclaimed. "You are dismissed!"

I look at Oliver and we were both about to cheer on the spot, but we waited and celebrated outside of Dumbledore's office. I can't believe he let us off that easily. I smile at Oliver and we say goodbye and wander off to our common rooms.

I enter my common room and sit down on my bed, before collapsing and falling asleep.