*Chapter 8*

Ingrid's POV

I shuffle across the corridor, going to my transfiguration lesson. I was going to be a little early but it didn't matter because I liked the subject and the teacher. I was carrying my transfiguration books and I had my wand in my pocket. I was walking alone as Penelope was in the middle of 'prefect duties' but I knew she was really just eating Percy Weasley's face off.

I smirked at the thought, Percy Weasley locking lips, I'm sure that he would take points off his own house for foul behaviour. I sniggered and carried on walking. Suddenly, out of nowhere a leg tripped me up. My body couldn't control itself as I crashed to the ground, my books toppling on top of me.

I heard an eruption of laughter and saw the evil but disgusting grin of Marcus Flint. "Enjoy your little ride, Ferguson?" He asked in a cruel manner. His fellow Slytherins laughter had died down but some were still chuckling.

I tried to think of a witty comeback like I usually thought of, but my brain was completely empty. All I could think about was how much of a bastard he was. Whilst I was thinking he performed a curse on me, I was surprised he could I thought he was as dumb as a troll, and now I couldn't get up without collapsing again.

Most Slytherins were laughing uncontrollably now and I really wanted to get up and kick him in the balls but I didn't have control over my legs at the moment. I was just about to give up until I heard the voice that saved me.

"Hey Flint, how's the facial surgery going? Could they not fix your troll face?" I heard a boy yell.

"Maybe they will after they fix your brain!" Flint flashed back.

Even I had to admit that was a good comeback. I turned and saw Oliver Wood standing there, almost as awestruck as I was with Flint's comment. Not being able to think of anything to say, Oliver checked to see if any teachers were around and when he saw that there weren't he punched him right in the eye.

Oliver quickly performed the counter-curse on me and I sprung back up and turned to Flint who was still recovering from the impact of the blow. Then with all my might, I kicked him in the balls as hard as I could. After that kick, I was sure that he wouldn't be able to have children in the future.

Flint clutched his defaced area and fell to the floor in pain. There were many oohs from the audience stating that they didn't want to be in Flint's position right now. "Ever considered becoming a beater?" Oliver asked.

I ignored his question "Thanks for helping me," I say. "You didn't need to."

"I was just being a gentleman," he smirked, "Plus I would sacrifice any day of my life to see you beat the shit out of Flint!"

I sniggered a little. "Thanks anyway Wood," I thanked him, that situation was terrible but it sure had its benefits.

Wood nodded and then walked off, leaving me to pick up my books and watch Marcus Flint roll around the floor in pain. I decided that so I wouldn't get in trouble, I would erase some of his memories so I got out my wand and when nobody was looking I quietly muttered "Obliviate!"

I walked and sat in my Transfiguration class, still on time but not as early as I had hoped. When everybody had entered Professor McGonagall started the lesson teaching us how to transform animals into several household objects. I got a few looks from some students and a thumbs-up sign from a Gryffindor but other than that it was a pretty normal lesson.

During that lesson, I couldn't stop thinking about how Oliver Wood had once again been kind to me. Yes, it was completely out of character but I really hoped that the nicer side of Oliver Wood will stay mainly because I don't want to end up in Dumbledore's office again.

However, as I'm walking back to my dorm room I can't help but stop and think that maybe this is just a big prank and that he actually is waiting for me to become more vulnerable so I am easier to annoy. There are so many reasons for me to hate Oliver Wood and I couldn't believe it but I was actually starting to like him!