*Chapter 31*

Ingrid's POV

I don't know if Katie noticed but I was getting lonelier and lonelier each day. I missed Oliver and maybe he missed me, after what Katie said Oliver could still like me. I wouldn't get my hopes up though, I'm a pessimist.

Katie hasn't been in the best of moods either, she wasn't as joyful as she usually was. It was almost like our argument had sucked the life out of her, she walked around in a way, almost sombre. I hated it, she looked to be as almost as depressed as I was.

It wasn't until a few days later that she told me what she felt. We were both sat down near the black lake, in my favourite spot. We were both staring out into the air like we were contemplating life. We sat there until Katie broke the silence after five minutes of it.

"I'm sorry Ingrid, I caused so much trouble when I fell out with you!"She exclaimed in regret.

"It's fine, there's nothing we can do about it now..." I sigh.

Silence arrived again, it was almost like our voices had been taken. We looked at each other and Katie gave a reassuring smile. She squeezed my hands and opened her mouth to speak.

"I know you miss him!" She states.

"Is it that obvious?" I ask. Katie nods.

"The worst part is, that it's my fault!" Katie explained, almost angry at herself.

"No, it isn't!" I defend her from her own judgement.

"Ingrid, if I hadn't got jealous of you and Oliver you would still be in a relationship, happy!" Katie tells me.

"I don't blame you for anything!" I say "We had been friends for two years and we had never had a fight. It had to happen at some point!"

Katie looks at me and smiled sadly. "Ingrid, in order for me to be happy, you have to be happy. You're not happy!" She explains like I didn't know I wasn't happy.

I look at Katie and she steps up off the floor. "I'm going to fix this!" She mumbles determinedly.

I roll my eyes and lean back onto the grass, I stare at the sky and watch the clouds move and change to a dark grey. I must have done that for hours because when I sat up, he was here.

----------------------------------------------
Katie's POV

I stumbled over a rock as I walked away from Ingrid and started my search for Oliver. I needed to fix what I had done, it was the only way I could live with myself.

I know Oliver found it hard to break up with Ingrid. I was going to drag him back to Ingrid and get them both to kiss and make up. It was a simple plan, in my head.

I found Oliver after around an hour of searching. He was at the Quidditch pitch beating a bludger around angrily. I stood there watching for ten minutes until he caught it and put it away. I braced myself for the argument that was about to occur.

Oliver opened his mouth but before he could yell at me I screamed this.

"I'm sorry Oliver! So sorry!"

He looked at me in confusion. "Why are you apologising?" He asked.

"Because I feel bad for making both you, and Ingrid unhappy." I say "You need to get back together, like now!"

He sighed "Ingrid won't want me back, not after what I said!"

"She will trust me!" I say "She's been depressed ever since."

He looks at me and nods, "Okay, where's Ingrid?"

----------------------------------------------
Ingrid's POV

I look at him, I was expecting him to say something terrible, but he said the exact opposite.

"I want you back, Ingrid!" He says nervously.

I can see Katie smiling happily behind him, pleased that she had managed to get him here.

"Why?" I ask simply, "You broke up with me!"

"I didn't want to," He admits, "I thought that you needed Katie more than me!"

I don't realise it, but I smiled. "I need you both to be happy!" I state.

It was Oliver and Katie's turn to smile. I look at them both.

"I'll be your girlfriend again!" I say to Oliver "But I can't spend every single hour with you. I have to talk to Katie as well!"

He nods and smiles and so does Katie. It was a good day.