*Chapter 11*

Ingrid's POV

Over the next few days, I was starting to believe what Katie had said. I still didn't want to but I guess I did, however, Oliver and I still had a little rivalry between us and we hadn't sorted it out. I did want to sort it out but at the moment it was a little difficult...

I mean I blushed every time I was around him and I couldn't help it. I don't want to have a crush on Oliver Wood! He would never like me in that way! So I have decided just to not talk to Oliver as if I did I'm pretty sure I would collapse and die or make a massive fool of myself.

At this point me and Penelope were walking down to our History of Magic lesson and I was teasing her about what happened the other day. She was still unbelievably embarrassed and now every time I see Percy Weasley he goes the colour of his Gryffindor tie. To be honest, what they did was surprising to me but now it's starting to sound more and more outrageous. I mean how often do you get the ones who vow not to do anything but kissing till after marriage, making out furiously.

I don't think anything even happened after I left the room and if it did then Penelope would have defended herself valiantly. However, now every time Katie sees me, she would wink and I knew what she was winking about. Sometimes I regret becoming best friends with a girl who is more than three years younger than me.

As I was walking down the corridor I spotted a small Hufflepuff first year. She was being bullied by a couple of fourth-year Slytherins, I was about to do something when Oliver, out of nowhere, walked over and scared them off before picking up the Hufflepuffs books and handing them to her. I looked at Oliver for a second before turning away so Oliver wouldn't notice my staring.

I smiled knowing that he was being kind to others. He really had changed from the day we met, but I also didn't know if I have a crush on him, despite what Katie said. I entered my History of Magic lesson and sat down, I listened to the Professor as I jotted down notes. The lesson was over before I knew it.

Over the next few days, I couldn't help but spot Oliver everywhere! Granted to him, he was doing acts of kindness but I can't deal with that stuff whilst I'm not sure if I have a crush on him or not. It is kind of ironic that when you don't want to see someone, you immediately see them all the time. However, these acts of kindness were slowly killing me.

Yes, they were good things and they probably benefit a lot of people but every time I see Oliver help a first year it is harder for me to deny my feelings for him. I couldn't deal with that, I barely knew what a crush was and now I had the biggest crush on someone. Well, at least now I've accepted it.

All I need now is for Oliver to do something really douchey and then I won't have this crush anymore, sounds easy. But everything is easier said than done. You know what I actually can't be bothered if I have a crush someone you need to be nice to each other right? So I still am kind of in a rivalry with Oliver and I needed to sort that out.

I decided that I would talk to him when I could and surprisingly, that was sooner than I thought. There he was walking past, all I needed to do now was talk to him without turning into a human tomato! I run up to him and tap in on the shoulder and he turns around.

"Oh, hey Ingrid!" Oliver smiled.
"I just need to ask you if we're good?" I say.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"Well are we friends or are we rivals?" I ask stuttering slightly.
"I dunno?" I shook his head.
"Well then Wood, I call a truce!" I announced.
"Okay!" He says half confused and half relieved.
I was actually making such a fool out of myself right now! "Well see you later!" I smiled and walked off, not even giving him a chance to reply. What was I thinking?

I am now going to finally admit what I have been denying for so long, I have an embarrassing crush on Oliver Wood!