*Chapter 40*

Katie's POV

It was the next day, and I couldn't wait to tell Ingrid the good news. Oliver didn't cheat on her, on purpose. I had already bumped into Oliver in the common room and we had formed a plan. I was going to talk to Ingrid first and explain the situation, and then Oliver is going to step in and talk to Ingrid. The only problem with this plan is if Ingrid doesn't believe us, and that option is the most likely. I was really hoping she did.

Oliver and I walked down to Breakfast with each other before splitting and going to separate tables, I usually sat on the Ravenclaw table. It didn't really bother the Ravenclaws because they liked me, so I was fine. I was nervous today, I really wanted to make Ingrid happy again, I really wanted Oliver and Ingrid back together.

I sit down at the table as normal and grab a piece of toast. I start to silently eat it, this was unusual as I usually talked the most.

"Ok, what's wrong with you?!" Penelope exclaimed.

"Well, I found out why Oliver did what he did!" I say nervously.

I watch as Ingrid spits out the pumpkin juice she was drinking in shock.

"What!" She says "You talked to him!"

"Well, you were unhappy," I try to make an excuse "And he's in my common room, I'm bound to bump into him!"

"What did he say?" Penelope asked excitedly. She was just as excited for Ingrid to be happy again as I was.

Sad Ingrid is not as fun as Happy Ingrid. She's bored with sad Ingrid and so am I. I want my best friend to be happy.

"It was Camille scheming again!" I say.

"No shit!" Penelope exclaims, "I knew as soon as Ingrid said that name she had done it!"

Ingrid had remained silent, the whole time. I knew she didn't believe me.

"I don't believe you..." She muttered.

"Then don't believe, listen!" I say, a little annoyed.

Ingrid shut up and I started to explain.

"Well, I asked Oliver and this is what he told me. He said that he thought he was kissing you but it was Camille. Camille had drunk Polyjuice Potion and tried to have sex with him. Oliver tried to stop Fake-Ingrid from having sex with him but when Fake-Ingrid kissed him, he kissed back and closed his eyes. So he didn't see the Potion wear off." I finished explaining and caught my breath.

Ingrid was speechless, I could tell that she was battling herself. Her brain was telling her that this was probably fake but her heart was telling her that it wasn't. I understood that this was hard but she needed to believe me.

Whilst she was thinking I signalled Oliver to come over and shuffled up a little. He sat beside me and when Ingrid looked up he started talking, not giving her a chance to protest.

"Ingrid, please believe me. I would never do that to you intentionally!" He begged her to realise the truth "Camille wants us to fight so that she wins! I love you, I wouldn't do that to you!"

Ingrid looks at him, she couldn't decide. It took her a few minutes to decide but she finally said strongly "Prove it! Prove that you love me and this is just one of Camille's tricks!"

Oliver looks at her and smirks after thinking. "I think I have something in mind!" He smirks and then leaves the table.

I hope he does or this is hopeless.

Ingrid was quiet for the rest of the day. It seems like she was thinking like she was trying to decode what Oliver had said. I think that she was still thinking that it wasn't real, but I'm sure that by tomorrow we'll know for sure.

I've known Oliver for three years now and if I know something about him, it's that he doesn't do anything small.

I was looking forward to tomorrow but I was also dreading it. Oliver really needs to pull the cat out of the bag to impress Ingrid or they'll never be together again, and that will slowly kill them.