*Chapter 49*

Ingrid's POV

I was very worried, wait, scratch that, I was extremely worried. Today is the day, the day that Oliver meets my family. To be honest, it wasn't my parents that I was worried about, it was Camille's parents. Aka my aunt and uncle.

Camille fed them lies and of course, my aunt and uncle believed her. My aunt Ophelia and my uncle Fortescue had posh sounding names and were the worst people imaginable. They, like Camille, believed in all of this 'Purebloods are great, Muggle-borns are scum!' crap.

You may be thinking, why am I worried about what my Aunt and Uncle think, well my Aunt has my father under her control. Aunt Ophelia is fathers older sister, which means she practically made his life hell for so many years. I'm pretty sure he's scared of her but still does what he wants. She only has control of a small portion of his life.

The dinner that my mum had organised was fancy. I had told Oliver all of this over a letter and I was quite startled when my mother burst into my room in a long black dress. She told me to immediately change and I obeyed my mother for my own good.

Surprisingly I did pretty well with my outfit. I wore blue, to represent my house colours. I walked down the stairs to see my father and uncle in suits. I then see my aunt in a revealing purple dress, she insults the whole family.

I then notice Camille, her outfit actually looks pretty nice. I see she is also representing her house, I am surprised to see that she isn't wearing something as revealing as her mother.

We all sit and wait for Oliver to arrive, and the doorbell rings on the exact time he should be here. I open the door and notice him in a suit and red tie. There had to be a theme going on! I invite him in and he introduces himself to my family.

"Hi, I'm Oliver!" He greets.

"Marianne," My mother replies, she seems to like him so far.

"Franklin," my father makes the same face as my mother.

My Aunt and Uncle just nod and introduce themselves in the most extravagant way possible. Camille rolls her eyes and sighs, but I can tell that she's already enjoying this.

We all sit down, and my Aunt immediately starts to question Oliver. She starts with pretty tame questions but then it comes to one question.

"What do you think about blood purity?" Aunt Ophelia asks in a demanding tone.

"I don't care," Oliver replies Cooly "I'm fine with Muggleborns and Halfbloods."

There's an X in Ophelia's book of evil. She's about to reply with a prejudice remark when my mother interrupts.

"And that's absolutely fine. Isn't it Ophelia!" She says in a stern tone. My mother and my aunt don't really get along well. My mother sticks up for my father and she likes to make her family look good.

Aunt Ophelia likes to make scenes and likes to force her beliefs down others throats, they are completely different, but my mother is smarter. Aunt Ophelia and Camille aren't good anyway. Ophelia wanted Camille to be a Ravenclaw because of family stuff but Camille didn't oblige. Then again Aunt Ophelia doesn't like Slytherins, something about an ex-boyfriend I reckon.

Aunt Ophelia then went on about houses and this made everyone at the table uncomfortable. Even Camille who usually enjoys the fall of others. Oliver fights through it, however. It's all good until Camille says "Oliver and Ingrid are perfect for each other. This is because they both have been to Dumbledore's office three times for bad behaviour!" She smirks at me.

"Oh, well I wasn't always a good kid!" Mother said.

"Yes, we always got in trouble!" My father agreed.

Two Ravenclaws getting in trouble, wow that's creating history.

Camille looked crushed, her plan had failed, my parents were the older equivalent of Oliver and I. I think my mother really liked Oliver so she was just defending him now.

Things went well for the rest of dinner. I had a good time and when Oliver left and my parents said they loved him, I couldn't feel happier!