*Chapter 52*

Ingrid's POV

I was panting in worry. This guy had really put me on the spot. Now obviously I choose Oliver but I don't know how to reject this boy. I can't just say, "You're not my type, fuck off!" because that wouldn't be very nice.

So I did anything a normal person would do. I bolted for the door and ran down the corridor like a maniac. It was like a really dramatic scene from a movie as he was yelling my name and everything.

I didn't look back and bolted to the Gryffindor common room. I started to bang on the portrait desperately, the fat lady yelling at me for being rude.

"I'm sorry!" I say, quite panicked.

"What's got you in a hurry?" She snapped.

"A boy I don't like, who knows I have a boyfriend, begged me to go out with him!" I pant.

"Why don't you go back to your common room, instead of mine!" She said quite angrily.

"I need advice from my friend," I argue.

The fat lady just sighed and refused to talk to me. I sat down next to the portrait and waited for a Gryffindor to walk past.

This was the craziest thing that's ever happened to me, out of all the things that have happened to me. I feel like that's saying that my life is uneventful because I could do crazier stuff.

I'm starting to think no-one is going to show up, I've been sat outside for twenty minutes and I think the fat lady thinks I have no friends.

At this point she better hope a Gryffindor shows up or I'm going to break the painting to get through, yes I am that desperate. Pity me.

After a few years, well that's what it felt like, a third-year Gryffindor arrived. He seemed pretty surprised to see a seventh year Ravenclaw sitting near an Angry portrait but he let me in any way.

I thanked him and looked around the common room and realised, after all of this wasted energy, Katie wasn't here. I groaned in annoyance and decided to sit down and wait for her.

I got a lot of weird stares from passing Gryffindors, but as long as they didn't interrupt me whilst I was reading, I was fine with the stares. You're probably wondering why I'm fine with staring, well I got a lot of stares when Camille was spreading rumours about me.

After what feels like hours of waiting a wild Katie walks into the Gryffindor common room. She's with the boys so I was suspecting Quidditch practice. However, Oliver wasn't with them, so that confused me.

Katie spotted me and rolled her eyes, I think it annoyed her when I entered the common room to talk to her. I think she's going to be baffled with this one.

"Hi," She said cheerily.

"Hey," I said back.

"Why are you here?" She asked, getting straight to the point.

"The craziest thing happened," I started.

"Oh no..." Katie groaned.

"Cedric Diggory dragged me into an empty classroom after Herbology and begged me to be his girlfriend!" I muttered quickly.

"WHAT!!" Katie yells shocked.

"Yeah, I'm not repeating that again!" I state I didn't want anyone to hear me. That would definitely get the rumour mill started again.

"Wow, I didn't think that he would be that desperate. Does he know that you have a boyfriend?" She asks, surprisingly calm.

"Yes, he asked me to choose him over Oliver," I tell her, still in shock myself.

"Well, it's obvious that you have to choose Oliver!" Katie half yells.

"I know that. It's just how I'm going to tell him! It will crush him!" I say desperately confused.

"You've got to do it. Plus you don't want to be a cougar!" Katie says.

"Hey, my mother is a cougar!" I protest.

"Yeah, but it's weird when your teenagers!" Katie defends. "Now, get out. I want to sleep."

"Ok bye!" I say, pretending to be insulted.

I walk out and think, how the hell am I going to tell Cedric that I don't like him. And more importantly, how and when am I going to tell Oliver?