*Chapter 15*

Ingrid's POV

It's Christmas time in Hogwarts, it had also been over a week since I talked to Oliver. I was waiting for the letter from my family telling me if I come home or not, it's usually a fair chance as my parents are Aurors and spend a lot of time away from home.

Whilst I was in the great hall, my family's owl Durian flew in and dropped a letter in front of me. I read it and sure enough, I was staying at Hogwarts because they were in Egypt, hunting down dark wizards. I expected it but I was still slightly disappointed. The only bonus was I could study without Oliver bugging my mind constantly.

I watched as all of the students going home for the holidays departed, sighing in relief I turned around and spotted Oliver with no bags packed at all. Out of all the luck I had, he had to stay, or my luck wouldn't be normal. He noticed me and his eyes widened, I guess he wasn't expecting me to be staying either.

For the first few days of the Christmas Holidays, it was all completely normal, I had time to study and Oliver wasn't in sight, it wasn't until Christmas that everything went awkward.

It started off normal. I awoke in my dorm room, completely alone as no one had stayed, and saw a large pile of wrapped presents. I dived over to them and started to unwrap them, my rat Almeric wandering towards the ones that smell edible.

Most of my presents were sweets, except for two. One from my parents and one from Katie. Katie had given me a perfume that I had been interested in for a long time, I hope she would be happy when she saw the Cleansweep 7 that I had got her.

My parents, on the other hand, had given me a necklace. This necklace was quite old looking and had a diadem hanging from a silver chain. It was to symbolise the lost diadem. It was my mothers. Both my mother and father had been Ravenclaws, and I guessed that they wanted to start a tradition. Luckily, I loved it and wore it immediately.

I changed into my normal clothes and walked downstairs for breakfast. I had fun talking to some of my friends in Gryffindor and I had a relatively fun time. That was until the feast.

I was just climbing up the stairs that led to the castle, I had been down by the Black Lake having fun with the Gryffindors and I was extremely hungry. I walked through the vast corridors until I reached the main hall, but on the way, I bumped into someone.

I looked up, and of course, it had to be Oliver Wood. I smiled shyly and then heard cheers from the Gryffindors.
"What?" I asked politely.
"You're both standing under the mistletoe!" One of the girls smile.

I looked up and sure enough, a large sprig of mistletoe was directly above us. I turned to Oliver and he looked pretty nervous, I was both nervous and embarrassed. Mainly because if I kiss him now, this would be my first kiss. I panic and quickly think. Going bright red, I quickly kiss Oliver on the cheek and speed walk off into the hall.

I sit down at the table and wait impatiently and embarrassed as the other people arrive. I wait and then I see Oliver. He looks like pink, almost like he had been blushing. To be honest I was probably just imagining things.

Everyone finally arrived and the Christmas feast began. I dug into turkey, carrots, potatoes and gravy and ate a lot. I then ate my pudding which was Treacle pudding, that was delicious also. It was also possible that I ate this all whilst still being bright red and flustered.

I finished my food and excused myself from the table before climbing up the many stairs to my common room.

I reached the door and it told me my riddle:

I turn my head, you go where you will,
I turn it again, you stay until
I turn my head once again
tell me then...what I am.

The answer was quite obvious in my opinion, yet I was a massive nerd and I also enjoyed riddles. The answer was simple, a key.

"A Key!" I speak aloud.

The door unlocks and opens and I walk upstairs and face plant onto my bed. What was I thinking, I could have just said no thanks and walked off. But no, I kissed him. What was Oliver going to think?

I swear to you this bloody crush is making me go crazy! And the worst part about today was that I couldn't talk to Katie. I hope that Oliver will forget about what happened today, but I doubt it. You don't forget kisses.