*Chapter 39*

Katie's POV

Ever since Ingrid discovered Oliver's 'Little Secret' she had been extremely depressed. She wouldn't eat as much as she would before and she hardly talked to Penelope and me at all. She tried to pretend to be happy, but it was all a facade. She was extremely unhappy on the inside, but it didn't make sense to me. Oliver might be a douche sometimes but he wouldn't kiss the Devil without a reason. It didn't add up, I needed to solve this mystery.

Luckily, it wouldn't be that difficult because Oliver lives a few rooms away from me, how hard can it be?

Apparently very hard. I searched all day, all over Hogwarts to find him and I didn't. This was until I arrived back in the common room. I saw Oliver sitting on a sofa, moping around. Now, if he didn't love Ingrid why would he be moping around? I roll my eyes and make my way towards him.

"I've been looking for you all day!" I exclaim.

Oliver looks up startled "Why? To yell at me?"

"No. I want to know what really happened!" I say "Or was what she saw true!"

"Of course it wasn't true," He yelled. "Why would I do that to Ingrid? I love her!"

I look at him, a little taken back. "Ok, tell me," I demand.

"Right," He sighed "I was on my way to the hall to eat when Ingrid bumped into me. I smile at her and she looks at me in a mischievous way. She grabs me by the tie and leads me into an empty classroom. It seemed like she wanted to have sex with me. I tried to stall her because I wanted to wait until it was meaningful but she insisted that we did it. She started to make out with me and I replied to it, closing my eyes. That's when Ingrid appeared."

He finished, but I didn't understand. Ingrid was with us the whole time. She couldn't have been in two places at once. Ingrid also stated the Camille was making out with Oliver, not Ingrid.

"That doesn't make any sense," I state.

"It doesn't but I realised what happened after she left," Oliver explained.

"What?" I asked.

"Camille used Polyjuice Potion. She must have used some of Ingrid's hair and then used that against me. I knew she wanted to ruin Ingrid's life, but she shouldn't have gone that far. It's just wrong, I've upset Ingrid so much." Oliver sighed again.

"No, I get why she did it!" I say.

"Go ahead," Oliver asks me to explain.

"Well, Camille always seemed to have a thing for you. I think she asked Ingrid at the beginning to break up with you, but Ingrid refused." I state.

"Well, that's my side." Oliver tells me "I know you won't believe me, but if you do, please help me get Ingrid back!"

"I believe you!" I say "And I want Ingrid to be happy again so I will help you."

"Thanks, Katie!" He smiled and started to mope again. I leave and go upstairs, collapsing on my bed.

I sit and stare at the ceiling, taking in what I had just heard. I knew that Oliver loved Ingrid but he just seemed so desperate to get her back, I do believe him. The problem is getting Ingrid to believe me, the thing is that Ingrid is incredibly stubborn. She also doesn't believe anything.

An example of this is that she didn't believe that she didn't have a crush on Oliver, she did. I know Ingrid misses him, it's her first love and I can tell that she wants him to be her last.

Ingrid's traditional in the way that she wants to get married and have children. It's also pretty unlikely that she will never find someone she will like again. This is because of her standards.

Ingrid's standards are the highest imaginable. Why do you think that she had never had a crush until she was fifteen? I find that ridiculous because I have had crushes since I was ten. I know that might be low for some people but it wasn't for me.

My problem is that tomorrow Ingrid may not believe me, and I really need her to.