*Chapter 48*

Ingrid's POV

It's the last day of my sixth year today. What can I say, time flies when you're dealing with a psychotic bitch. I have to admit that recently she had been making my life a living hell. I've been a part of some rumours again and the best one so far is that Dumbledore didn't expel me because I slept with him.

That had to be the worst one yet. Worse than the one with my rat Almeric. I have to hand it to Camille, she's very good with rumours. However, I think she is up to something, something other than rumours.

The last day of my sixth year was pretty hectic. I had to deal with the fact that Ravenclaw couldn't win back the Quidditch cup. I felt bad for Oliver more than my house. For Oliver, Quidditch was his life. I'm not being bigheaded or anything but apart from Quidditch, I was the most important thing in Oliver's life.

You may be thinking 'Why haven't they won the Quidditch Cup?' Well, due to the attacks on Muggle-borns, Quidditch was cancelled. Of course, I felt sorry and upset for the Muggle-borns, but how does that affect Quidditch. It's not like the monster is flying around on a broomstick and zapping people with a wand!

I did comfort Oliver that day. I told him that he had all of next year to win the Quidditch Cup and that I'd let him, but he was too good for that. He wanted to win because he was talented and I didn't need to tell him that he was because he already knew that I was going to say it.

I was having a perfectly good day until our owls came. I thought I wouldn't get any mail but apparently, I did. My owl dropped the letter and I immediately realised the handwriting of my mother. I opened it and it read:

Dear Ingrid,

It has come to my attention that you haven't been completely truthful with me this year. I was particularly disappointed that this information was told to me by your cousin but I am still excited that you have finally found a boyfriend. I was starting to think that you would be forever alone!

Your Father and I thought it would be best to meet the boy that had infatuated you deeply. Camille has told us that he is particularly good looking and that his name is Oliver but that is all I know.

Please inform Oliver that he is invited to our house to have dinner with us. This will include your Aunt and Uncle and also your cousin. I cannot wait to see you again and I hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,
Mother xx

Great, I knew something was up her sleeve. You may think that it's a nice gesture but my Fathers sister isn't the greatest. In fact, she's a tamer version of Camille. My uncle is pretty terrible too. The simple solution is to let Oliver back out but if he does I will never hear the end of it.

I tell Oliver this information but he still agrees because he is a good boyfriend and I told him that I would write to him the information over the holidays. I also spotted Camille who noticed the letter, I slyly out my middle finger up at her and she pretended to be shocked.

I thought she wouldn't do anything in return but she yelled at the top of her lungs "Fuck you, Ingrid!"

The area went silent and I was so glad that no Professor walked past. That would have been awkward. I should be focusing on the dinner because I knew Camille wouldn't be kind about Oliver in front of her parents or mine.

My parents had been waiting for this day for sixteen years and I couldn't crush their dreams of a perfect son-in-law. Not that we were anywhere near getting married, maybe another five years and I'll let him.

For now, I needed to create a game plan, a strategy, to make sure that Camille doesn't destroy this dinner. Because if she did, my mother might be right, I would be forever alone.