*Chapter 7*

Ingrid's POV

I decided that after what Oliver said yesterday, I was extremely confused. That boy was a complete and utter puzzle and I had to talk to Katie about it. Katie despite not knowing anything about boys was extremely great at giving advice, she was the only reason I am completely sane.

I make my way to the Gryffindor common room, today being a Sunday I had the day to do what I wanted. I stood outside waiting for a Gryffindor to exit because I am a Ravenclaw so obviously I am not going to know the password to enter the Gryffindor common room. I wait a few minutes until the portrait opens revealing a small girl with bushy hair.

"Why are you waiting out here?" She asked inquisitively.
"I'm a Ravenclaw so I don't know the password and I'm visiting a friend," I replied looking at her, she was holding an amazingly tall pile of books in her hands. Among them was a book called Hogwarts: A History, a book that I had been waiting for in the library.
"Do you need any help with those books?" I ask I didn't think it would be funny if she dropped them on my feet.
"Oh, no I'm fine!" She smiled.
"Well, then can I borrow this book?" I say picking up Hogwarts: A history.
"Not exactly, but I'm sure I can reserve it for you in the library, I'm heading down there now!" She smiles, eager to find another book enthusiast.
"That'll be great, my names Ingrid Ferguson." I place the book on her pile.
"Hermione Granger." She replied, and with that, she hurried off and let me enter the common room.

I entered and a few perplexed Gryffindors looked at me, I then spotted Katie in the corner, talking with her Gryffindor teammate Alicia Spinnet. I sigh in relief and walk over to them and tap Katie on the shoulder, making her jump.
She turned about to snap at someone but then noticed it was me "You need to stop doing that..." She sighed in bewilderment. "How did you get in here?"
"A first-year named Hermione Granger let me in," I stated. "You're Alicia right?"

The girl looked at me and smiled "Yeah, and you're the one who punched Oliver in the nose!"
"That's me!" I laugh.

Katie rolled her eyes "Why are you here?"
"To annoy you, " I say "And to ask for your help."
"You're a Ravenclaw and a fifth-year why would you need her help?" Alicia asked.
Katie sighed "She needs advice..." I nodded "Kill me now..." I heard her mutter under her breath.
"Hey!" I exclaim.

"Well, that's my cue.." Alicia states "Bye Katie, bye Ingrid." And with that, I sat down in her place ready to ask Katie mountains of questions. Katie just stared at me in disbelief before saying "Spill!"

"I'm extremely confused," I started.
"Well that's definitely not normal," Katie says sarcastically. I ignore her.
"Yesterday Oliver Wood, the guy who hates my guts, said I was a good Quidditch player!" I state in confusion.
"Ah, that is confusing..." Katie muttered, "Well the only thing left to do is ask him yourself!"
I look at her as if she had just done a crap in front of me, in utter disbelief.

"Go forth, my child..." Katie says ushering me away.

I climb out of the portrait and decide to make my way to the library as then I could collect my book from Madam Pince. I walked in and up to Madam Pince.

"Yes," She asked.
"Hermione Granger reserved Hogwarts: A History for me Madam," I say politely.
"Oh yes, Miss Ferguson." She passes me the book. She's nicer to me than other students because she knows that I take care of her books.

I shuffle quietly over to a secluded spot in the library and sit down. I start reading about Hogwarts until I notice a familiar face sit near me. "Muffliato!" I whisper, waving my wand. This was a spell I heard Professor Snape use and it became a very useful charm to use. Due to this spell, I could now yell at Oliver Wood without Madam Pince kicking me out.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Oliver loudly.
"Reading, what else would I be doing?" He says sarcastically. "Stop yelling or Madam Pince will yell at us!"
"She won't, I used a spell!" I told him "Now I have a question to ask you!"
"What?" He asked.
"Why did you compliment me?" I asked intrigued.
"I'm allowed to compliment someone." He stated.
"You're not supposed to compliment someone you hate!" I hissed manically.
"I never said I hated you, you just presumed it," he spoke, "Now if you will excuse me I am returning to my dorm."
And with that sentence, he left.

I cast the counter curse for the Muffliato charm and continued reading. But whilst I was I started to become more and more puzzled. Why would you be blatantly rude to someone you don't hate, was this just his personality. To be honest, I don't know anymore. All I knew was that he was extremely complicated.