*Chapter 17*

Ingrid's POV

I was sitting in my dorm room reading through my transfiguration books. Penelope was sat on her bed talking about what she did with Percy the other night. To be absolutely honest all this talk about relationships is making me feel lonely. I wish that Oliver liked me like Penelope liked Percy. I don't know if our relationship would be secret like Penelope's and Percy's relationship, though.

Come to think of it, Percy and Penelope never did tell me why their relationship is private, anyway, I couldn't stop thinking about Oliver in every situation. Tonight was our other study lesson. I immediately told Katie when I arrived back and she begged me to let her make me look beautiful.

Katie should be here, so I venture downstairs to wait. As soon as I enter the empty common room I hear a frantic banging on the door. I rolled my eyes and stepped towards the door. I opened it to see a flustered Katie, I let out a giggle.
"I couldn't guess the riddle!" Katie exclaimed, a little out of breath from all the banging.
"I can tell!" I smirk a little.
"Right, come on. No time to waste!" Katie said, dragging me up the stairs into my dorm. Penelope was still there and was interested in what was about to happen. Katie explained to Penelope that she was going to give me a makeover for this study date. Penelope immediately wanted to help.

So basically I sat on my bed as they routed through my clothes trying to find the perfect outfit. Then trying to find the perfect makeup look and accessories. It takes around ten minutes but I finally have my outfit together. It was pretty simple, I was wearing a grey sweater, blue jeans and some Adidas trainers. Katie then spotted the necklace that my parents got me for Christmas and hung it around my neck.

They then moved on to the makeup, and since I didn't own any of my own I had to use some of Penelope's. They gave me neutral eyeshadow but gave me exaggerated mascara and eyeliner to make me look more elegant. I had a neutral lip and they put my hair half up and half down, it was a pretty cute hairstyle.

"Time for you to go!" Penelope squealed excitedly, I rolled my eyes.
"Go then!" Katie encouraged me. I grabbed my books and adventures down to the library. I shuffled up to Madam Pince and informed her that there may be a small amount of noise as there was studying but Madam Pince let it slip as I was her favourite student.

I sat down at a table with my book and opened it to the page on the wizarding war. I waited a few minutes and Oliver stumbled in for his lesson. When he saw me he looked pretty shocked and I just played it off like I was looking normal.

He sat down. "Hi, Ingrid!" He muttered.
"Hey, are you ready to start?" I asked, smiling.
"Umm... yeah!" He mumbled.

I then start explaining the details of the Wizarding War in detail as Oliver scribbled down notes quickly. I waited as he caught up and for some reason, he looked utterly embarrassed. I didn't understand why maybe he was embarrassed that he had to be tutored for his History of Magic lessons, I didn't care.

I finished explaining the work earlier than expected and saw that Oliver was still a light shade of pink. He mumbled a quick goodbye before he departed and left me in a confused daze. I packed my books away and headed back towards my common room. I travelled to the door and waited for the riddle:

I'm in your mouth, I'm in your nose.
and even found within your toes
In equal measures, I am found for sure,
in both a door and in the floor
and looking up and looking down
and even in a childlike frown.

I stood and thought and then realised that they all had in common. Each word contained a vowel and that was the answer

"A vowel!" I spoke proudly.

I watched as the door opened and I entered spotting Katie and Penelope waiting on the sofa. They spotted me.
"How did it go?" Katie asked.
"I actually don't know?" I told them "He hardly spoke during the full lesson."
"He was probably thinking about how gorgeous you looked!" Penelope squealed again.

Yeah, how about no. This is why I didn't come to Penelope for advice. She gives a false sense of hope. I spent most of my evening talking about what had happened and all tried to make sense of Oliver Wood.