ᴘɪʟᴏᴛ (ᴘᴛ 1)

Lawrence, Kansas - 22 years ago

It was a night much like any other night. Crickets chirped. A large deciduous tree with no leaves stood outside one of several suburban homes. A young woman by the name of Mary Winchester, carrying her 4-year-old daughter, Y/N , and her 4-year-old son, Dean, walking beside her into the darkroom, which had their younger brother, Sam, in.

"Come on, let's say good night to your brother," She said while turning the light on. Sam, who is lying in his crib, looked over at Mary, Y/N, and Dean. Mary sets Y/N down, and Dean leans over the crib and kisses Sam on the forehead.

"Night, Sam," He said then Y/N comes over and kisses Sam on the forehead. "Sleep Tight," she says. Mary then leans over the crib and brushes Sam's hair back and kisses his forehead.

"Good night, love" She whispers.

"Hey, Dean, Y/N" At the sound of their names, they turn their heads to look at the man in the doorway who is their father, John Winchester. They both rush over to him.

"Daddy!" They both said.

"Hey, buddies" John scoops them both up. "So, what do you think? You think Sammy's ready to toss around a football yet?" Dean shakes his head, laughing, while Y/N does the same.

"No, Daddy," Y/N says, making John Laugh. Mary walks over to John and takes Y/N from his hold.

"You got him?" She says, adjusting Y/N into a more comfortable position.

"I've got him" John replies, hugging Dean closer. Mary is the first to walk out of the room with Y/N in her arms, who is resting her head on her mother's shoulder.

"Sweet dreams, Sam" John carries Dean out of the room, flipping the lights off. Sam watches them go, gurgling, then tries to reach his toes. The baseball-themed mobile above Sam's crib begins to spin on its own while Sam watches. The transportation-themed clock on the wall ticks, ticks, stops. The moon-shaped nightlight flickers.

==

In John and Mary's room, the lights flicker on the baby monitor, which was sitting on a nightstand next to a photo of Mary and John. Strange noises come through the monitor. Mary, asleep in bed, stirs. She turns on the light on the nightstand.

"John?" She turns to find that she's alone. She gets up and slowly walks down the hallway to Sam's nursery. John, seen only in silhouette, stands over Sam's crib. "John? Is he hungry?" John turns his head.

"Shhh"

"All right" Mary heads back down the hallway. The lights by the stairs are flickering. Mary frowns and goes to tap at it till the light steadies. "Hm" More flickering lights are coming from downstairs, and she goes to investigate. A war movie is on the TV, and John had fallen asleep watching it. If John is here..., she then realizes, then the Man upstairs cannot be John and must be a danger. She runs back upstairs. "Sammy! Sammy!" Mary enters Sam's nursery and stops short. Upstairs, Mary screams. John wakes up.

"Mary?" John scrambles out of his chair. "Mary!" John runs upstairs and burst through the closed door of the Nursery.

"Mary" The room is quiet and appears empty except for Sam, who is now awake, and John. John glances around and pushes down the side of Sam's crib.

"Hey, Sammy. You, okay?" Something dark drips next to Sam. John touches it. Two more drops land on the back of John's hand. It looks like...blood. John looks up only to see Mary, sprawled across the

ceiling, the stomach of her nightgown red with blood, staring at John and struggling to breathe. John collapses onto the floor, staring at Mary.

"No! Mary!" Mary then bursts into flames. The fire spreads over the ceiling. John starts, frozen. Sam wails. John reminded he's not alone, gets up, and scoops Sam out of his crib and rushes out of the room. Y/N and Dean, who are now awake due to the commotion, walk into the hallway to investigate.