ʀᴇᴅ ꜱᴋʏ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ (ᴘᴛ 2)

The Impala speeds down the road as they listen to the radio talking about the incoming weather.

"When what started out as a mild (inaudible) severe weather front headed in from the Northwest. Expect heavy lightning and thunder, with sudden rainfall-" Y/N reaches her hand over to the radio, turning it off before keeping her hands on the steering wheel, looking to Sam in the rearview mirror.

"Do you wanna say it or should I?" She questions.

"What?" Sam asks.

"You can't save everybody, Sam" Y/N says.

"Yeah, right, so- so what, you feel better now or what?" Sam asks.

"No, not really" Y/N says, shaking her head.

"Me neither" Dean adds, keeping his eyes to the front of the road.

"You gotta understa-" Y/N is cut off by Sam.

"It's just lately, I feel like I can't save anybody" Sam says as the Impala continues to speed along the road as they sit in silence.

==

The following day, the siblings are inside an abandoned house. The three are sat in the living room with Sam reading a book, Dean on his phone and Y/N is laying on his shoulder, her eyes close slightly. The silence is cut off by a knock at the door, Y/N's head shooting and stands up, followed by Sam and Dean. The three share a glance as the pull out their guns. Dean puts his finger to his lips and makes his way over to the door. He opens the peep-hole on the door and sees that it's Bela. He closes it in annoyance. Y/N groans and the three share a long look. Dean puts his gun away before opening the door. Bela walks in, looking around. Sam and Y/N put their guns away.

"Dear...God" Y/N and Dean share an annoyed look "Are you actually squatting? Charming" No one answers her "So how'd things go last night with Peter?" The three don't respond "That well, huh?"

"If you say' I told you so', I swear to God I'll start swinging" Dean says.

"Look, I think the four of us should have a heart-to-heart"

"That's assuming you have a heart" Y/N mumbles. Dean walks past Bela and sits back down at the table with Sam. Y/N stands behind the two.

"Theo, please...I'm sorry about what I said before, okay? I come bearing gifts"

"Such as?" Sam asks.

"I've ID'd the ship" Bela starts to unzip a portfolio file and sets it on the table in front of the three. She hands Sam a picture of a ship, Dean and Y/N looks over at it.

"It's the Espírito Santo, a merchant sailing vessel, quite a colourful history" Bela explains "In 1859 a sailor was accused of treason. He was tried aboard ship in a kangaroo court and hanged. He was 37"

"Which would explain the 37-year cycle" Sam says.

"Aren't you a sharp tack?" Sam gives her a weird look "There's a photo of him somewhere..." She trails off as she flips through the file "...here" Dean takes the picture she pulled.

"Isn't that the customer we saw last night?" Y/N asks.

"You saw him?"

"Yeah, that's him, except he was missing a hand" Dean says, placing the picture back on the table.

"His right hand?"

"How'd you know

"The sailor's body was cremated, but not before they cut off his hand to make a hand of glory"

"A hand of glory? I think I got one of those at the end of my Thai massage last week" Dean laughs. Y/N rolls her eyes.

"Dean, the right hand of a hanged man is a serious occult object. It's very powerful" Sam says.